Another over heating problem...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Hiccup Master

Another over heating problem...

Post by Hiccup Master »

A few week or 2 ago I noticed that my temp. gague was starting to go up just a tad above mid way and it would kinda bounce and then go back down. This was only when I was idle'ing. As soon as I hop on the freeway everything seems to be fine. Now when I'm at an idle for while the temp gague can go up but it doens't stick it usually just falls back down the normal spot. In december my radiator had a leak, I took it in to get pressure tested just to make sure it was the radiator leaking and the guy told me it was, he also said my water pump was kinda shaking and that might need to be replaced. I've check the fuild and my radiator is full, the reserve has gone down, I filled it with water and it seems to be fine. I'm pretty sure it's been a while since the thermostat has been changed so I know that is a possiblity. Is there anyway to check if my water pump IS dying? And any other suggestions of what the problem could be that I might try and check before I take it in...
Som1Dies2Nite

Post by Som1Dies2Nite »

Ok..If the radiator passed a pressure test and you know the thermostat is working...then check to see if your fan is turning on...ask if you dont know how to check it...Let us know.
Member @ ak-47.net

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”