meets in Ontario/Quebec

Organizing An MX-3 Meet? Post Your Info Here.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Joey's mx wrote:Yeah i think the Ottawa/quebec mx-3ers should make a day like late may or June ..so that everyone has time to finish any work being done...and we could all cruz and chill...Im from Cornwall!!

Si if anyone is interested in doing this just suggest were and when and then we could all figure out when we could all meet up!!
Why dont we just meet in the Mazda Meet mid-may, thats close enough, plus the more the merrier
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

Ok were do poeple think is the best place to meet??
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=381182

It's either gonna be May 14-15 or May 21-22
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Mad_Medeiros

Post by Mad_Medeiros »

I'm going to be throwing a huge beach meet this coming summer, it isn't just mx-3s tough I'm part of LONDONAUTOCLUB, aka LAC.. and I'm basicly setting it up with them, and other local clubs (JCO, OTO etc)

its already being planned, I'm getting everyone to meet in port dover (Big tourist town) and then we are crusing to turkey point (very nice beach, nice parking lot to) its about a 20 min. cruise on some nice curvy twisty hilly roads...

alot of people have been discussing it, and I would love to see a bunch of mx-3's come out! my best friend owns a 95 rs, so thats 2 mx-3's as it is! and we need to represent!

precidian, runs LAC... and if he makes it out, that makes 3 mx-3's
stock 93 GS, 5 speed
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

You know roughly when in the summer you'll be having this? I'd definantly be interested in that meet.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Give me a months notice on the date (2 weeks at a minimun) and i'll be there..guranteed (unless i get truck by lightning, or if it's an extemely important situation, but i hate to break my promises...but if i don't come, i'll usually let you know, and not pull one of those said-they-were-comming-but-never-showed-up people)
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

i own one and theres a girl with a pink one in town.

and there are a couple others that show up as well.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
RizzeRocket

Post by RizzeRocket »

im in

i hope chicks will be swimmin naked at beach :shock:
blackie

Post by blackie »

i'm in for a meet i bought my mx3 in september so im excited 2 goto my first meet iv seen some guys & gurls in my area wit some nice mx3's i'll pass the word around when you guys set a date :D
<Kicker>

Post by <Kicker> »

Any meets in the GTA? Ottawa's a long way for me... let me kno if u hear nething 8)
me and my mx-3
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

alright, i've read through the rotary thread and now know that the ottawa meet will be around may 21. but, where exactly is it gonna be?? i thought i read something about it being in quebec somewhere, then heading over to some guy's house. anybody know for sure?
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

ovendenk wrote:alright, i've read through the rotary thread and now know that the ottawa meet will be around may 21. but, where exactly is it gonna be?? i thought i read something about it being in quebec somewhere, then heading over to some guy's house. anybody know for sure?
NOT GOOD, I thought the 14th, 15th had already been decided so as not to conflict with Carlisle which is already confirmed for 21st, 22nd. Carlisle is shaping up to be a better event than in previous years. See other thread in this forum for specifics. Is it too late to make it 14th, 15th? We should try with all means possible not to conflict with other members events. I understand that Carlisle has had some very good MX turn-outs. What do ya say???
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

hey jschrauwen, i've checked through recent threads in this forum and can't seem to find any mention about the ottawa meet. there was one post in the carlisle thread about the conflict with the ottawa meet, but no one responded to that comment. can you post a link to that thread or the name of it? thanks.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

ovendenk wrote:hey jschrauwen, i've checked through recent threads in this forum and can't seem to find any mention about the ottawa meet. there was one post in the carlisle thread about the conflict with the ottawa meet, but no one responded to that comment. can you post a link to that thread or the name of it? thanks.
I'm not sure which thread you're refering to. The Carlisle thread has specifics of location, timings, hotels etc and is set for the 21/22. Nd4SpdSe has mentioned the possibility of a simultaneous RX7 meet on the 21/22 and perhaps tagging long with that convoy. I've stated a few suggestions in the Toronto forum that might work. I guess the question I should ask either yourself, other Ottawa MXr's or Nd4SpdSe as he has participated before, is that - Is the Ottawa meet supposed to coincide (date-wise) with the RX7 meet? Since Carlisle appears to be popular event, it may be safe to assume that avid RX7r's would more than likely want to attend that event also, therefore encouraging the Ottawa ppl to adjust they're meet date to the 14/15.

Let's face it, this is not rocket science. If there is some incredible show-stopper that precludes utilizing 14/15 than I guess that person with that info should step forward and sort us out.

Ovendank, there's no reason why you can't take a leading role in this event, is there? You appear to be quite interested. All it takes is a couple of get togethers over at Timmies with some other MXr's, and your on your way. I believe (don't remember his name) was a focal point for Ottawa's meet and that he was providing a shop and BBQ area. He's not available for the 14/15. Unfortunate as that may be, that should not be the only catalyst that makes the Ottawa meet happen on the 14/15, IMO.
It appears that I'm getting a little long winded on this one, only because I'm seeing the makings of what appears to be the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, OR somebody's inability to see the obvious and think outside the box. Am I wrong here? I hope the rest of this years planned events don't turn this cumbersome.
Ovendank - your the MAN...make it happen!!!
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Additionally, 21/22/23 is Victria Day weekend. Since Carlisle would be a longer drive for most of us Ont/Que MXr's, I think it makes better sense to schedule Ottawa for the 14/15. Could use the extra day for the drive back / recuperation from Carlisle event. FWIW

Return to “MX-3 Meets”