Hey Im New

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Zbroja

Hey Im New

Post by Zbroja »

Hey Everyone, great Site!
Anywayz im new to the this the board, just wanted to say Hey to all the Mx-3 owners out there. I just bought an Mx-3, and still haven't driven it (This Friday Commin up :D ) Anywayz I drove the life out of a 86 Mazda 323 as my first car. Then quickly bought a 2001 Cavalier 2 dr 5 spd.... Anywayz pretty impressed at the 323 which never broke, and the cavalier needed many fix-ups.... I decided to go Mazda again! Anywayz I recently bought a smashed up Mx-3, and only test-drove it in a lot... Handles really good, seems everything Engine wise is running great. Just recently bought stock bumpers with the re-bars to replace the smashed up bumpers on the car. Kinda ugly at the moment but whatever its Winter, ill get the car painted a nice metallic black in the summer.
My question to you guys is, what should I look into first Performance wise? What are the first few things I should get? Should I get a nice exhaust or go directly with Intake first? Cash is always limited but im amazingly good at not spending cash unwisly. I've never installed any aftermarket parts, but I have replaced bumpers, painted cars, swapped trannies ( Cavalier 2001 Piece of Junk). So what you guys think I should do first? I wanna have a sweet sounding car even though it doesn't look sweet, but I love the Engine more than anything. And please don't tell me to get KLZE motor, thats a project in the distant future :)

Anywayz thx alll, Mx-3 are Great Cars! They look pimp, run great, and the chicks always seem to find a place in the passenger seats.
lakersfan1

Re: Hey Im New

Post by lakersfan1 »

Zbroja wrote: My question to you guys is, what should I look into first Performance wise?
Get a bigger engine.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Welcome! Whats your MX3? 4 cyl, 6 cyl, auto or manual?
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

engine swap if you can afford it
intake
exhaust,
zx2 suspension/springs/struts
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

or go all out blueprint and balance your little 1.8ltr engine for higher revs.
get a stand alone ecu
get some forged bits and go turbo.:)
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

If you have a V6, I say go buy a KLZE (200hp & 160ft torque) or KLDE (160hp & 160ft torque) engine. The KLDE only costs about $600 and the KLZE only costs about $1200 and they will bolt on to pretty much everything on your car.
If you have the 4cyl, of course go with the BPT swap (turbo chared 4cyl engine at 190hp & 160ft torque).

Anyway, if you have a auto than I wish you luck because those transmissions stop working at about 110k miles (this applys to both the 4cyl MX3 and the V6).
Get a trannsmission cooler if you do have a auto
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

I always read that Klze had 195tq???
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Zbroja

Awesome Replies!

Post by Zbroja »

Awesome Replies thats what I was looking for, gives me some bright ideas and such. Anywayz its v6 motor 5spd transmission, obviously I would never buy an auto Precidia, who would I dunno?
One question, Forged Bits? Whats that mean? Pistons?
After I give my car paint, I will most likely be looking for Turbo. Any suggestions on Turbo? What kind? Maybe find a Turbo off another car and intergrate it into the Car? If Turbo Im going to need A better Cluth? What other things am I going to need?

Thx all
Much Appreciation!
RizzeRocket

Post by RizzeRocket »

Where do i get a klze ?? my engine is gutless, if the rpm is lower than 4000 the car barly pulls whatsoever . by the way its a v6 1.8 L i was thinking of advencing the timing but i dont think itll do big difference tell me if im wrong :roll:
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

mitmaks wrote:I always read that Klze had 195tq???
Come on, you've been around long enough to know it has 165tq.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

RizzeRocket wrote:Where do i get a klze ?? my engine is gutless, if the rpm is lower than 4000 the car barly pulls whatsoever . by the way its a v6 1.8 L i was thinking of advencing the timing but i dont think itll do big difference tell me if im wrong :roll:
Thats the way these engines are. Where are you from? There are a lot of jdm engine importers all over Canada and the US.
mxmaz

Re: Awesome Replies!

Post by mxmaz »

Zbroja wrote:Awesome Replies thats what I was looking for, gives me some bright ideas and such. Anywayz its v6 motor 5spd transmission, obviously I would never buy an auto Precidia, who would I dunno?
One question, Forged Bits? Whats that mean? Pistons?
After I give my car paint, I will most likely be looking for Turbo. Any suggestions on Turbo? What kind? Maybe find a Turbo off another car and intergrate it into the Car? If Turbo Im going to need A better Cluth? What other things am I going to need?

Thx all
Much Appreciation!
If you want to go turbo, you should really just throw in a klde first ( that is a 2.5 v6 found in the mx6, 626, millenia, and probe gt). That would probably give you close to the power a turbo k8 and would be way way way cheaper. Then if thats not fast enough yet, turbo that engine. Check the forced induction section for info on turbo
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Dont buy a engine yet do some research
What is your goal as far as power is concerned?
If I had a choice, I'd rather go with a KLDE.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”