compression test

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

well I only got aroun 110,000k on it, but I just found out the previous owner did not take care of it as well as he said when he sold it to me. He was talkin all kinds of crap behind my back about how he ripped me off and that the car is a total piece of crap. It's not a POS but it still makes me want to beat him! :x
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

May I suggest to determine your issue...

The cylidner with low compression, pour some oil down the head in the spark plug hole then redo the test immediatley, if the compression jumps up, and then slowly goes down after other tests, its a bad piston ring, other wise it could be a vavle seal.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Custom - We did do the leak down test with identical results in my case anyway.. we can also hear the valves in #3 popping while the engine is spinning with no resistance. Possible one valve is sticking open and another valve is hitting it.. I found a 95 RS is a local bone yard.. head looks like it was recently done (very clean) I am going to yank it this morning before going into work. With a bit of luck.. I will only need a clean up & a fast grind and my ride should be up and running before the weekend is done :D Btw.. Nice job on your rides man.

Tunes67
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

God I love Pull-A-Part Junkyards.. Got the Head (ok shape evidence of a burned exaust valve.. surprise #3 cylinder) got the intake, throttle body, IAC valve, injectors, fuel rail... pretty much the entire upper half of the engine for.... $82.56 usd :lol: Now to see if we can make 1 good head outta 2 bad heads :roll: Will post back in a different thread.. no need to keep hijacking 93SOHC's thread though.. I do hope your compression test turned out better than mine did SOHC.. 8)

Tunes67

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”