Need to find an Air Intake

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Mazdaspeed96743

Need to find an Air Intake

Post by Mazdaspeed96743 »

Hello Everyone, I have a 1994 4-Cylinder Mazda MX-3 and I tried to find an intake for it but I can't seem to find any. can someone please help me find for one?
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

corksport has them, they are called PRM Pro Intake Kits http://corksport.com/main.php3?primNavI ... t%3D237741
they have them on ebay too.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
Bigmac_56

Post by Bigmac_56 »

a freind of mine went to yahoo and just looked up air intake and found a nice one for his Pontiac Sunfire. You might want to try that route. Otherwise i would go back to the homepage and look under Aftermarket Perfomance and upgrade and then you will get a list of different websites that should have them.
VRRRRROOOOOMMMM VVVVRRRROOOOMMMM
Mazdaspeed96743

Okay, thanks guys im going to get the PRM Pro Intake later, wonder how its going to sound :o. And its not to hard to install it right?
stepchyld

Post by stepchyld »

You can use the one off e-bay. yeah, the one that says sohc only? I have it on my 94. I've done some creative things since first installing it, but the kit will work. It has an extra piece or two, but that doesn't get in the way of imagination. It's the cheepest alternative. I don't know if it's really boosted power output, as I swapped engines just prior to the intake, and had the engine finally running right after I installed the new intake. oh yeah, It sounds nice! There's more sound from under the hood than out of the tailpipe (therefore, NOT rice! :P ). It has turned many heads, for sure!
93 GS, ATX to MTX swap, chrome 16x7, upper strut bars, SRD LCA bushings.
Upcoming improvements: Tokico/Eibach struts/springs, energy suspension LCA bushings
94 RS MTX, Engine swap completed, ALIVE Again!
95 RS ATX, parts car/project X
Mazdaspeed96743

oh wow, So it has a deep sound :o cool
Mazdaspeed96743

I already have an exhaust system (Sebring Tuning). really great exhaust, had it on for 6 years and still going... sounds nice and deep.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”