No more KLZE ecus?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Shipping shouldn't be too bad (unless they charge a big handling fee). I got my kfze ecu from a guy straight from Japan and shipping was $13 and only took 2.5 weeks to arrive.
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

Corksport sells them too.
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

corksport sells Eprom aka Remapped ECUs
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

I can get my hands on a few ECU's but have no way of testing them
to see if they are running....

And im not into the buyer beware !@#$ as i pride myself on good products
and service.......
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

The klze ecu's say either kl31 or kl36 correct? because I got a buddy in Hokkaido Japan, he's checking into getting us some ;) any request for other jspec parts?
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

just swaped my EPROM, wont idle steady and when you hit the gas it revs up then when you let off it will die
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Yea from what I hear the EPROM is just a joke, people aregue that it's *exactly* the same as a klze ECU...but from people who acutally get it done....they would disagree.

-Rick
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Would it be safe to say that having a KLZE ECU would take care of my idle surging problems, and illiminate the check engine indication. If so, I am very interested in acquiring one. I'm really tired of constantly trying to re-adjust the TPS to get back to a "normal" idle that I was used to in the KL08.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

jschrauwen wrote:Would it be safe to say that having a KLZE ECU would take care of my idle surging problems, and illiminate the check engine indication. If so, I am very interested in acquiring one. I'm really tired of constantly trying to re-adjust the TPS to get back to a "normal" idle that I was used to in the KL08.
That sounds like a vaccum problem. Did you block off the egr passage in the IM?
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

Rick Johnson wrote:Yea from what I hear the EPROM is just a joke, people aregue that it's *exactly* the same as a klze ECU...but from people who acutally get it done....they would disagree.

-Rick
maybe doing it to a KL ECU makes a difference
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

Ya please keep me informed about a klze ecu. I am still looking for one and have had no luck so far.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

papa roached wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:Yea from what I hear the EPROM is just a joke, people aregue that it's *exactly* the same as a klze ECU...but from people who acutally get it done....they would disagree.

-Rick
maybe doing it to a KL ECU makes a difference
I had an Eprom in a KL ECU, still sucked
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

i remember curt got one of those reprogramed ones, had nothing but problems
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

I understand that a K8 ECU fitted with a copy of a KL36 ROM works fine.

Edit: Amended from KL31.
Last edited by IanL on January 29th, 2005, 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
mmac
Supporting Member

KLZE ECU

Post by mmac »

I have run my car with a K8 ECU with a KL36 EPROM fitted with no problems at all and have had the chance to compare the overall engine behaviour/performance(emissions,mpg,idling,acceleration) with when it is run on a KL36 ECU and if there was a difference between the the two I couldn't tell.

The main difference between my experience(in the UK) and the experiences of you guys in the US is that my K8 ecu part number is K820, and I believe yours is a K801.

I have had the chance to look at the internals of the K801,K820 and the KL36. There are two PCBs inside, Analogue and Digital. If you compare the Digital PCB in the 3 ECUs, the K820 & KL36 look identical in size and component location, whereas the K801 has a larger Digital board and component location is noticeably different.

In basic terms the bare bones of the K820 & KL36 ECUs appear to be the same. It looks as though only the 'fuelling' EPROM part numbers differ and the speed limiter is active in the KL36.

I apologize if the description of the differences from an electronics point of view is (to say the least) a bit primitive but it's the best I can do.

It may be that the UK (K820) ECUs are an exception to the rule and are the only ones worldwide where this 'interchangability' exists.

Just my 2 cents

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”