I apologize.

Off-Topic Discussions
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Since politics seems to be a touchy subject, I will keep it short.

It doesnt matter who the president is.. If you were president and had something like the WTC incident happen while you were in office, 99% of the US wanting retaliation, what would you do? I get sick and tired of people blaming Bush for the war KNOWING ANY president in office would have dont the same thing, except maybe Kerry, since hes such a wimp.

I still believe Saddam has weapons of mass destruction, just yet to be found. I mean for Gods sake, the guy was killing his own people, should we let that happen?

Im a Bush supporter because hes not afraid to stand up for this country. To me Kerry is like the arm of a metronome, swaying back and fourth, very indecisive. If anyone feels they can run a government better, then run for president.
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

except maybe Kerry, since hes such a wimp.
Kerry is like the arm of a metronome, swaying back and fourth, very indecisive.
You nailed it on that one.... i know im canadian, but trust me, American politics is covered alot more then our crappy canadian government, hell who is prime minister anyways ?? dosent really matter..

Kerry would of made a horrible president.
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

Custommx3 wrote:I mean for Gods sake, the guy was killing his own people, should we let that happen?

hmm thats a very interesting thought. There have been studies done and since the beginning of the war the president has killed more people then saddam has, it has even been compared to many cases of genocide throughout history. so what would you suggest the punishment for the president should be?
jplar

Post by jplar »

johnnyb wrote: There have been studies done and since the beginning of the war the president has killed more people then saddam has, it has even been compared to many cases of genocide throughout history.
Who conducted these studies? What are the actual numbers? What kind of statistical sampling was used? Are they truly independant or just looking to support an anti-Bush campaign?

As for the president killing more people than saddam did, yeah, need numbers again. At least the people whom the US killed has for the most part been guys shooting back or laying roadside bombs.

As for genocide, what Slobodan Milosevic did in Kosovo, that's genocide. If Bush were committed to committing genocide, wouldn't a nuke make it much easier?
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

I'll have to look for them. I do know they were done by respectable international firms however. Maybe the fact you live in the US is why you didnt hear about these studies? I mean here in Canada we were told compeletely different things in the media from what you guys were. I suppose you didnt even hear that the US and England used a high school students report as their intelligence?
stepchyld

Post by stepchyld »

I think what you are refering to is propaganda, not on your side of the border, on ours. And I hope this doesn't cause flames, but Bush has done what he needed to do, in a fashion. What's really happening, is often best seen from the outside. So it doesn't surprise me that there's suspicion on this side, and an uninfluenced view from the other.
I remember a sticker that said "I love my country, but I fear my government"
That said, I'm going for a drive!
93 GS, ATX to MTX swap, chrome 16x7, upper strut bars, SRD LCA bushings.
Upcoming improvements: Tokico/Eibach struts/springs, energy suspension LCA bushings
94 RS MTX, Engine swap completed, ALIVE Again!
95 RS ATX, parts car/project X
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

Oh man, how did my thread turn into a politics thread!!??
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

dunno, but someone opened a whole new can of worms! LOL
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

bubbaflaat wrote:Oh man, how did my thread turn into a politics thread!!??
I don't know but I'd stay out of it if I weher you Gavin!!

:D :wink:
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

johnnyb wrote:
Custommx3 wrote:I mean for Gods sake, the guy was killing his own people, should we let that happen?

hmm thats a very interesting thought. There have been studies done and since the beginning of the war the president has killed more people then saddam has, it has even been compared to many cases of genocide throughout history. so what would you suggest the punishment for the president should be?
i'm sorry but you are a total ignoramus (as well as other's in this thread). Unless you actually know anything about anything, don't say anything... got news for you... THE MEDIA IS TOTALLY LIBERAL AND BIAS!!! ANYTHING YOU HEAR FROM THEM WILL TRY TO MAKE BUSH LOOK TERRIBLE! (i.e Rathergate) i'll have to find a couple good websites and let you have a look-see at reality... genocide??????!!!!!!!! oh man, don't even get me started!!! Bush liberated millions of people... yes, of course there are the extremists who liked Saddam, but 99% of people HATED him... the only reason he would always get 100% of the vote in Iraq, is because if you didn't vote for him, they killed you... pretty persuasive tactic if you ask me... hey, i'd vote for him too (in that situation)! the only reason that some Iraqi's are restless, is because of the political turmoil and unrest which is currently occurring... once all the swirling media coverage ceases and a stable government is in place, the Iraqi's will be totally grateful to us, and owe a debt of gratitude to Bush and the USA. Anyone who funds and encourages terrorism and helps commit mass murder (i.e. 9/11) deserves to be brought to justice... but then again we could just let them all run amuck and do whatever they want....... tough choice really..........

who even knows how many people were unjustly killed and tortured under Saddam??? i'm sorry but HE HAD TO GO (even if we never find weapons of mass destruction). I'm glad God didn't put in place another spineless president for such an important time as this....

back to my comment about the media... media is there to inform and to help you learn about what is happening... there are to types of learning-- 1) indoctrination and 2) something which is referred to as the "Socratic Method" (obviously from the great philosopher and teacher Socrates). indoctrination is basically the same as brainwashing... it works by putting something into your brain that you yourself would not come up w/ on your own... the Socratic Method is "to bring forth", meaning it turns questions back around on the student in order to bring forth what he actually thinks about something... instead of telling him what to believe it allows the student to find out what he himself decides is right... unfortunately 99% of the media uses the indoctrination method to tell you what to believe, and decides for you what is right or wrong...
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

mark I can see you have nothing to add to this thread. I mean come on calling names now? Thats a little childish dont you think? All I'm saying is the US is fed different information then the rest of the world. I've been to england& france DURING the war and it seems they were getting different information then the US was. Even here in Canada we are getting different reports. And I have news for you our media isnt bias against Bush because frankly its totally different country. And perhaps if you listened to your own govt sometime you'll know that they have been admitting to their lies in reports like the WMD report where they said there isnt any WMD and he didnt have them. I mean come on I'm seeing half the Bush administration resigning after the election? Why didnt they just say "we dont want to run again" wouldnt that have been easier? Again I dont know why you lowered yourself to name calling but please grow up.

But this will be my last post because really this has gotten out of hand
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

Guys,

I usually don;t get involved in political discussions, and I don't like seeing them get carried away here in an MX-3 forum of all places.

Please keep it civil or else it will be closed.
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

Yeah i'm not smart enough about politics to argue about them, but I think I now enough about cars to argue. But there are alot of people who would disagree on that too!! :D Why must another one of my threads fly off the hook?!
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

johnnyb wrote:mark I can see you have nothing to add to this thread. I mean come on calling names now? Thats a little childish dont you think?

Again I dont know why you lowered yourself to name calling but please grow up.
nice "holier-than-thou" tactic... kudos on that one... don't know if you kept up to speed on these things... but saying that some one is ignorant about a subject is hardly namecalling-but once again, i just hope that some day i can be half the man you are :roll:
But this will be my last post because really this has gotten out of hand
once again, nice tactic... you pulled the old "i-get-the-last-word-in" move... man, you should run for office in a liberal party--you'd flourish!

ANYWAYS, now that i've cut through a lot of the crap, let's take a look at something you said.... hmmmmmmmm CANADA, ENGLAND, FRANCE!!!!!! LOL!!!!!! LIBERAL, LIBERAL, AND EVEN MORE LIBERAL... once again you've proved nothing... i'l' say this one more time---THEY ARE LIBERAL AND BIAS TOWARDS THEIR BELIEFS AND WORLDVIEWS.... THEY ARE CONTRARY TO OUR CHRISTIAN PRESIDENT AND CONTRARY TO THE CHRISTIAN BELIEFS OUR NATION WAS FOUNDED ON!!! I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT THROUGH THEIR EYES, THEY THINK THE PRESIDENT IS A DIRT BAG... i just have one question though... what about Saddam Hussein... never hear a bad word about him from you guys... figures...

call me crazy, but i'm for freedom... not turning a blind eye while others suffer under crazy dictatorship (i.e. Iraq)
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

MarkMoore wrote:call me crazy, but i'm for freedom... not turning a blind eye while others suffer under crazy dictatorship (i.e. Iraq)

I thought maybe I'd post one last time because of this comment. What about Congo? What about Sri Lanka? What about Cambodia? theres a hell of a lot of countries where their govt is killing them but lets face it theres nothing the US can do about it. Remember Somalia? you guys thought you'd try and take down the head of the rebels but instead got your asses handed to you? I mean come on man the rest of the world sees that theres nothing we can do. Would you like to put billions of dollars into wars that have absolutely NOTHING to do with you? Think of the future your kids will have to pay more taxes then they make in their salary. Cause if this is the path that you think is right then the US will topple from the inside out. You arent invincible, think of all the rich powers in the past... they all tried to go to war with everyone and eventually they crumbled. All I'm saying is the president is going about this the wrong way. And regardless of religion shouldnt be a gun slinging cowboy trying to solve the worlds problems but causing more in the mean time.

Return to “Off-Topic”