IAC help...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Nati-Mx-3

IAC help...

Post by Nati-Mx-3 »

I think my IAC (idle air control) is going bad, if not already bad. Do you know how much they run in price US$ and how hard would it be to install it. The reasoning behind me thinking its bad is because the rpms jump up and down when the car is idleing. if anyone thinks it might be something different, please let me know, and also if u can let me know on the other questions I asked. Thanks a ton
-Chris
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

IAC usually won't jump around when its bad, it'll usually just stick in one place. Is the idle jumping up from normal, or down from normal once warmed up?
Nati-Mx-3

Post by Nati-Mx-3 »

when the car starts, it stays at about 2,000RPMs and then about 5-7 minutes into it being started, is when it starts to jump around. Today the RPMS went all the way up to 3,100 RPMS. If you think its something different please let me know. Its driving me nuts. My engine is reving w/o me touching the gas pedal. GRRR. Thanks in advance
-Chris
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Could be the coolant temperature sensor. See Page E2-14 for how to test it with a thermometer and an ohmmeter.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”