OBDII (or not) in Europe

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

brakecrasher wrote:Ian in another topic i discuss wiht other guys for this "dilemma"

Some guys says that i can keep my ecu and replace the vaf with one of
KL02 , says that work well......

Some guys says the samse word as yours, but it consuming a lot of time
to do, to have a power up of few hp's

Your opinion?
Some guys are happy doing that, and other guys have reported problems with it, which they have only overcome by getting a KLZE ECU and reverting to the K8 VAF. I don't think anyone knows why it works reasonably well in some cars, but not in others - it may be something to do with the driving pattern :?:

Bastian in Holland improved it by fitting an adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, set to 40 psi, which he says overcame the problem for him. See this thread
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
brakecrasher

Post by brakecrasher »

I don't want to bacame crazy to do a swap.......

I follow your instruction, and i change the ecu and the vaf!!!

Thanx agan!!
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

If you are going to do a harness change yourself, then i say go for it. It will probably take quite a while, but at least you dont have to pay yourself. If you are needing someone else to do it, then it will cost a lot of money in labour. So if you have the $$$, then go for the harness change. If you are on a tight budget, just get a kl02 vaf.
brakecrasher

Post by brakecrasher »

It's not a money problem, it is a problem of security,
i need a secur solution.
That is my only car and i need it to go to work!!!!!!
Black Magic

Post by Black Magic »

Maybe off topic, but I have a kl62 ecu lying around here and since I'm quite into mx-3's I would like to see someone make it work. So here it goes, 50 euro's takes it, but I doooooooo wanto know how the f--- you made it work :lol: '

And, for any questions about 2.5 swaps you can always ask me, me did quite afew and I have no problem sharing the knowledge.

Bastian
17 inch bba racings rims, apex lowering springs, laser muffler, boost steering wheel, mazdaspeed seats, black altezza's, testpipe, oh and a polished klze with an upgraded clutch and a kl36 ecu.
brakecrasher

Post by brakecrasher »

Sorry black,
but i don't understant what you wrote.....
Black Magic

Post by Black Magic »

If you don't understand it you have no need for it.

bastian
17 inch bba racings rims, apex lowering springs, laser muffler, boost steering wheel, mazdaspeed seats, black altezza's, testpipe, oh and a polished klze with an upgraded clutch and a kl36 ecu.
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Black Magic wrote:Maybe off topic, but I have a kl62 ecu lying around here and since I'm quite into mx-3's I would like to see someone make it work. So here it goes, 50 euro's takes it, but I doooooooo wanto know how the f--- you made it work :lol: '....
Need the MAF too. Have you got the MAF as well?
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
Black Magic

Post by Black Magic »

Nope, I don't have the maf, but it shouldn't be too hard to get those on ebay. I did look for some info about the kl62 some time ago and there are afew people who managed to make the klze run properly with a maf and mtx. It is possible, but it'll take alot of your time and effort. But hey, it's the same as having to find out how on earth to install a longneck, try out and make it work!! :lol: That's why I'm selling it, I just lack the time. I really want to and have to spend more time on my own car, else the kompressor and bigbrakes will never get installed along with some other stuff.

Bastian

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”