Strut bar styles?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Strut bar styles?

Post by PATDIESEL »

There is a definate distinction to be made between rigidity of the car's frame and it handeling, but for this purpose they intertwine. A strut bar will increase the steering response under hard cornering. If you believe they don't help just try drving with and without one. There is a DEFINATE differnce.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
93SOHC

Re: Strut bar styles?

Post by 93SOHC »

I learned a lot about this in my ASE steering and suspension class. unibody cars have significant flex in the outer corners, i.e. strut towers. The less chasis flex the better the car sticks to the road.
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

yes there is a difference in the feel of the car with one installed, an immediate difference. That is why so many people (like yourselves) believe that STB's help the car rotate better.

The truth is they do not. Try doing a skidpad test and report your results with and without a front & rear stb and let me know how it turns out.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

Gro Harlem wrote:yes there is a difference in the feel of the car with one installed, an immediate difference. That is why so many people (like yourselves) believe that STB's help the car rotate better.

The truth is they do not. Try doing a skidpad test and report your results with and without a front & rear stb and let me know how it turns out.
Wow man. You need to take a physics course or a racing school. STB's work as part of a system of many components in the suspension of a unibody vehicle to stiffen the chassis. In racing this will translate in a greatly improved turn in ability. If you like sloppy handling go right ahead. You must be a drag racer.
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

Alright now, its starting to get a little hostile in here. LOL How many hundreds of sites are there on the net about what strut bars do. This thread is not about whether or not they work. Just deferent styles.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

true dat bubba, everyone chill...
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”