1.8 V6 Upgrade

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

Sorry Mike,

I had to reopen this thread because I believe 9000RPM has some good information that he can share with the rest of us.

There are not too many MX-3 owners willing to actually dump a lot of money into the engine to get a strong fast car the classic way, as opposed to just swapping in another engine.

I was very dissappointed by the reaction he got from quite a number of users on this site.

We, the moderators were e-mailed by a fellow MX-3.com member with this response:
I am really dissappointed with some of the people on this forum. There was absolutely no reason anyone should have treated 9000rpm the way they did.
Its rediculous that someone post information like that and just receive
criticism. Granted his idea may be expensive and there may be cheaper ways of obtaining more power, but there is absolutely no reason why anyone should be criticized for feeding information, people should either take it or leave it.
I know this won't change anything but I thought it should be pointed out.
This forum could be alot better without all the ignorance.
I like the info i can obtain from the site, its just too bad that it has to
come along with a lot of BS thanks and have a happy holiday.
It is the above response that prompted me to re-open this thread.

9000RPM, if you see this post, I hope that you will decide to remain as a member onthe MX-3.com Forums. Don't let the ignorance scare you away.

Regards,
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

I just think that he could have came about "proving" or backing his information better. There is alot of people in this world that may it fun to tell tall tales and make themeselves feel better. I'm not saying this is what 9000rpm is doing. But there is people who "lie to make friends". It is really is alot more informative with pictures.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

9000rpm:

If I had the money to do what you did, I wouldnt hesitate :)

Only thing I might do different is lower the compression, and make it boost firendly.

With all the internal work you have done, it should handle boost pretty good.

1.8 V6 on 1 to 1.2 bar boost would be really cool :)
(and also give about 250whp I`d imagine)

nope-mx3

PS How much did all the work cost you, and where did you get all the stuff?
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

Interesting discussion.

bubbaflaat and lakersfan1, you guys just lost some respect in my books. your comments were unnecesarry and I have yet to see EITHER of you do anything worth complimenting.

9000rpm I give you props for taking the K8 to a level I know I never thought someone would. Always nice to see new things.

And as far as 250 whp (280 ish n/a) coming from a KL, hell yeah it is possible. I bet we will see it before too long as well.

Is it the way I would do it? No. But that is irrelevant. Everyone has their own way of doing things. Thats what makes our community what it is.

Rather than taking the more beaten path and buying the ZE for my MX3, I chose to turbo a DE, NON intercooled. So what? You gonna ridicule me now?
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

rebel2k4 wrote: bubbaflaat and lakersfan1, you guys just lost some respect in my books. your comments were unnecesarry and I have yet to see EITHER of you do anything worth complimenting.
Dang. What will I live for now? :roll:
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

Yea you are basically right. I do suck at life. I guess running a 14.2 with 268HP does make you god in some places... I think i'm gonna go cry now.. I wish I had a car with a nickname like "turtle"... :cry:
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

c'mon guys, is this all you have to say in dispute? Grow up a little bit why don't ya? As a wise man once said, "Name calling is the last resort of the intellectually bankrupt"

Couldnt have seen your 2 comments coming.
rebel2k4 wrote:............So what? You gonna ridicule me now?
or wait, maybe that IS why I said that....

If either of you have further comments to say, send it my way via PM rather than cluttering the forum with useless bandwidth that no one cares to see. I will no longer participate.
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”