ne hondas or acuras that could beat my eclipse gsx?

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
BucktownMx3

ne hondas or acuras that could beat my eclipse gsx?

Post by BucktownMx3 »

hey guys r there ne hondas or acuras besides the S2000 that can beat my 92 eclipse gsx?
94 mx3 gs (sold)
92 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX(14.3 @ 99.08- almost completely stock)
torpedan

Re: ne hondas or acuras that could beat my eclipse gsx?

Post by torpedan »

i think this question is a bit uhhh improperly worded.

Are you talkign stock like a nsx or maybe swapped like my friend 91 hatch that runs 12's all motor..

take your pick
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

Originally posted by BucktownMx3:
hey guys r there ne hondas or acuras besides the S2000 that can beat my 92 eclipse gsx?
sure there are. what is done to your gsx? just because your car is fast or you think its fast, there is always someone faster. go to www.honda-tech.com and ask them tho, they will inform you better
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Stock, none except for the S2000 and NSX. If you're talking about modded, millions can beat you.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

*the crowd chants* 16G 16G 16G 16G
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
xXx_OTEP_xXx

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

couple dudes around here are running 18g's, 20g's, and green turbos on their GS-T/GSX/TSi's. crazy bastards.
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

ill take mitsu over any honda
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

sure there are, type r's and type s's run high 14s all day long stock, same with the dsm turbo awd cars.. that break the minute you crank the boost :D i'd still go with a 1g dsm anyday tho lol
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Originally posted by thebonestockkid:
sure there are, type r's and type s's run high 14s all day long stock, same with the dsm turbo awd cars.. that break the minute you crank the boost :D i'd still go with a 1g dsm anyday tho lol
Heh yeah i have never been fond of Mitsu there quality is horrid and they really do aspire for rental car quailty.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

Don't type R's with I/E/H run high 13's? Thats prettey decent for a 1.8L 4 banger
Originally posted by torpedan:
Originally posted by thebonestockkid:
Heh yeah i have never been fond of Mitsu there quality is horrid and they really do aspire for rental car quailty.
I totally agree with you. I drove a couple of eclipses, one brand new (spider) and it was no way worth $35g's. I wouldnt buy it.
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

Originally posted by Ayaz:
Don't type R's with I/E/H run high 13's? Thats prettey decent for a 1.8L 4 banger
umm no! :roll: intake/exhaust and headers will not shave a
full second off a 1/4 mile. maybe a gutted type r with slicks and chipped with I/E/H + good driver. I 've seen a modded type r run low 15's before. with torqueless wonders like the type r you must get the launch perfectly to get any decent times.
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
BucktownMx3

Post by BucktownMx3 »

my eclipse has a stainless steel new ported and polished turbo manifold, new 3 inch downpipe, full 3 inch exhaust,new intake filter, bout to have a new front mount intercooler, boost controller and blow off valve. i know alot of modded hondas and acuras can. im just talkin the typical intake exhaust, header, and lowered hondas and acuras.
94 mx3 gs (sold)
92 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX(14.3 @ 99.08- almost completely stock)
MX3ze@7psi

Post by MX3ze@7psi »

find any civic hatchback with a LS V-tec motor in and go for a race. :) unless you upgrade turbos then its a different story. I know some people who have hatchbacks with LS V-tec :2thumbsup:

<small>[ June 14, 2004, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: MX3ze@7psi ]</small>
MX3 KL-DE, probe/mx6 ebay turbo pipes, T3/T4 50 trim @ 8psi, millenia injectors, SAFC2, intercooled,Greddy RS BOV, turbonetic 38mm external wastegate. Wisco 9.5 forged piston, millenia S rods, and high performance rings coiming in soon. Shooting for 400whp this summer.
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

first let me say that I love VTEC, the cross-over mainly (think B16A1 w/ CTR cams or B18C5 w/ Jun stage 3's... lovely). most of the (newer) civic si's w/ IHE run mid/hi 14's at the track on street tires. most of the hatchs/crx do low 14's. these are on street tires mind you. But I happen to know a guy with a CRX w/ B18c1 w/ c5 cams that runs 13.3's all motor, 12.44@113 on an 80 shot(w/ slicks). another guy i know went 8.5's in the 1/8 in a CX hatch w/ B16 and a 50 shot(on slicks) and man that car is a sleeper. but yeah i love DSM's as well but hondas can become competators fairly easy so watch out. a dead give away to a swap: listen to the valve train... the B series sound completely different than the D series(even at idle).
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
WTF

Post by WTF »

just go to www.lafiebrepr.com to see who are goin to smoke ya!!!\\

Also for dessert I have you www.protegepr.com

AND do not forget to click on Galeria which obviously means Gallery and after that is self explanatory!

www.protegepr.com

GSX JAJAJA You are really phonyiiny!
How can I remove Mazda Enthusiast?

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”