MX-3 vs Celica, RSX

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
A.S.

MX-3 vs Celica, RSX

Post by A.S. »

Does the GS stand a chance against the new Toyota Celica and the Acura RSX (not the S-Type). I really want a piece of them Celicas.
hi
pcperez83

Re: MX-3 vs Celica, RSX

Post by pcperez83 »

god NO well i'm not sureabout Celicas, but they have no chance against RSX they are pushin 200 horsepower stock! but i'm curious about the celice vs. mx-3 too
MrsOzx

Post by MrsOzx »

Some stats on the Celica:<P>GT--><BR>140hp @ 6400rpm<BR>125lb-ft @ 4,200rpm<BR>Manual weighs 2,425<BR>Auto weighs 2,460<P>GTS--><BR>180hp @ 7,600rpm<BR>130lb-ft @ 6,800rpm<BR>Manual weighs 2,500<BR>Auto weighs 2,580<P>I would say stock a GTS would have ya but with a 1.8 you might have a chance at the GT. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
Esper

Post by Esper »

i've been up against a new celica before (GT). she had me off the line but i caught up towards the end of the rev range (where the mx-3 makes most of its power, anyway) and after that we were dead even. both of the cars were autos (yuk, i know) so in a manual the only real difference would be the driver, i suppose.
Dude.
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

Ok well here is the low down, i whoped up on a celica gt. he wasnt the best driver but he was drivin a stick. for the RSX it has 200-hp at the flywheel! that means its putting around 190 to the floor. Seeing how it is rather heavy i say a GS would stand a fighting chance. for for is mx'ers!
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

you guys are misreading what he's saying. he's not talking about the rsx type-s. he's talking about the rsx base version...with only 140hp.<P>oh, and with 200 to the fly with around a 15-20%(on average) loss putting it to the ground, that's not 190....learn your shiznit the all high and mighty tonge...aren't you supposed to be one of those smart college boys??? :D<p>[ February 26, 2002: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
MX3RS

Post by MX3RS »

Learn your own things before you go shooting people down. RSX base has 160hp. 200hp in Type-S trim. Base Celica 140hp, GTS is 180hp. MX-3 is slow. Only 130hp unless you have a 4 cyl then you are gonna lose anyways.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

slow your roll cowboy.....with the smiley there, wouldn't that sort of be a hint that i was joking?? it just so happens that me and "thegreattonge" are old chums...well, sorta. i was messing with him on a personal level. and about the rsx being 160..this is true. that's what i mean to say..but it just didn't come out that way so i do appreciate you stating the correct numbers.... [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Redline

Post by Redline »

The newer celicas are damn fast (GT-S) I don't know much about the GT. Older Celicas aren't much except All-Tracs, turbo AWD will own you :). The RSX base will probally beat a stock GS.
MAZDASPEED STEVE

Post by MAZDASPEED STEVE »

I,ve raced a 2001 Celica GT(stock auto) from a 20km/h start and got my a-- kicked in my auto, with few mods. But for some reason when I raced a 1990 Celica Gt(manual) with the same mods as me, I kept up with him. I imagine the newer Celica's are lighter? :) :D
THANX
MAZDASPEED
STEVE
Jayrykes84

Post by Jayrykes84 »

meh, celica GT's are nothing special. I have a manual GS, and I ran with a manual GT no problem, in fact by the time we reached 80 I was about half a car ahead. As far as RSX's, unless its a Type-S you MIGHT stand a chance... however I DID beat one of my old arch nemesis', the 240SX, I raced a 92 with a full exhaust and god knows what else, he had a passenger and I didnt...I still got two car lengths on him by the time we reached the finish line.<p>[ February 26, 2002: Message edited by: John Rykes ]
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

I found the stats:<BR>2000Toyota Celica GT 0-60=7.6 1/4mile=16.2 <P>Acura RSX 0-60=in 8.7 sec. 1/4mile=16.1
hi
nd4more_spd

Post by nd4more_spd »

Hey , what about 2.5 195 horses swap ?<BR>who knows what is 0-60 on those , :cool:
-Vlad
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

I heard that the mx3 with klze(no mods) does low 14's and 0-60 in less than 6 seconds. I could be mistaken since these are not numbers i came up with myself but heard online. <BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

I don't know how any 1.8 mx-3 can beat the new celica or rsx. I have test drove both models(celica gt and gts,RSX and type s) and although both cars will smoke an mx-3 stock but the type r integra is still the front wheel drive champ until u do the klze swap wink wink
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”