Gas mileage for the 1.8L V6

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
ToxicBug

Re: Gas mileage for the 1.8L V6

Post by ToxicBug »

Originally posted by jaschke:
i must have something terrible wrong because a full tank is gone after about 250kms and i have the 1.8L gs..... what the heck?
LOL

do you drive at 6000 rpm?
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I get 22-23 MPG no matter what I do. I've done all new O2 sensors, TPS adjustments, synthetic fluids, yada-yada-yada. Nothing even makes it budge.
DJ

Post by DJ »

Originally posted by jaschke:
i must have something terrible wrong because a full tank is gone after about 250kms and i have the 1.8L gs..... what the heck?
What are you going by? Are you driving till empty or when the light starts to come on? Or do you go by how many litres you put in when you fill it up? Because when the gas light just starts to come on (depending on hills) then you have about 125KM after that and about 80KM or so after the light is solid on.
POSMX3

Post by POSMX3 »

I get about 350km a tank also. I have a general idea whats causing my problem, the question have for you is -- every once in a while (mainly when u have full gas tank) do you have the smell of gas coming from you engine bay? My problem is two fold 1) my air intake hose is cracked and melted and they want too much to replace it (happened because of the second problem -- gas flow back into hose and deteriorated it)
2) the AICM (Air Intake Control Motor) is gone, but it's $700 for a new one and I am not spending that on a 10 year old car that I am not sure if I will keep much longer.
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

there's a site called [url=http://www.fueleconomy.gov--that'll]www.fueleconomy.gov--that'll[/url] tell u any car's gas mileage. copy and paste this site for the mx-3 http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I get a good 450+ km's highway on my ZE, 350km min. a tank hard/city driving. I came very close to hitting 500km on a tank highway on the way to Ottawa once, prolly could have done it except i was doing like 140 the whole way

With the k8, i used to get 300km's average, 350 on a really good week

<small>[ September 27, 2004, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</small>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
rayrrod

Post by rayrrod »

have a 95 RS, 4 banger

from houston to Corpus christi and running around for 2 days in CC. From houston to cc is about 200 miles.

i got 325 miles, gassed up full
10.65 gallons.

had the ox sensor and cat replaced.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Originally posted by Kokaneedude:
i dont know about you guys, but i would get a steady 28-30 mpg with my k8, with city and highway driving, even with my ZE engine and the exact same driving i still get around 28 mpg.
no way u getting 28mpg with ze
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hehe my mx3 is weird..i made some calculations and i exactly got this info from my car. when i fueled 5.5 us galons..i got 166 miles. another time i fueled also 5.5 gallons and got 133 miles. last nite i added 5 dollars at 1.83 us dollars wich comes to around 2.7 us gallons and i got a whooping 100 miles. that time i didnt drive it all fast. laso i never do transmission breaking, i usually have the clutch pressed around half a block or neutral before i get there since my car still retains speed when i hit the clutch at atound 40 mph. I failed emissions by having to much carbon mopnoxide..but well my gas mileage is good and i cant complain..right. i guess it goes from 28 mph to 35?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

Originally posted by mitmaks:
Originally posted by Kokaneedude:
i dont know about you guys, but i would get a steady 28-30 mpg with my k8, with city and highway driving, even with my ZE engine and the exact same driving i still get around 28 mpg.
no way u getting 28mpg with ze
why not, i can get close even with my wrong ECU, i am sure i could hit it with the right setup, the motor dont have to work as hard as the K8 in this car and with the extra bolt ons it dont have to work near as hard
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I get usually 475-500 Km's a tank and thats all city..... revving the hell outta it with 237,000 kms on a k8 stock motor...
jordan69

Post by jordan69 »

sure, actually my last tank i got 29mpg with the ZE, i dont rev the engine as much now, i cruise around town in 4th gear with ease, i am running the K8 ECU and the KLDE VAF, if that matters i dunno, but it runs good, with my K8 engine i was still getting a consistent 28-30mpg too.
You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a White guy, the best golfer is a black guy, The Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”