suggestions please

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
spano

suggestions please

Post by spano »

I just got a manual '92 mx-3 v6 that i'm planning on keeping for a while and want to start modifying but don't know where to start...My interior is in pretty bad shape and the color of the fabric is disgusting, so that is all definitely gonna change and i'm gonna do that all myself, but other that that, what should i do to start?
jordan69

Re: suggestions please

Post by jordan69 »

well, how much money do you want to spend? i would say get an engine swap because it makes this car way more fun to drive, but if you want to make it look nicer first then get the interior done and lower it.
You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a White guy, the best golfer is a black guy, The Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war
spano

Post by spano »

i'm not really concerned about the engine right now, and money isn't really a problem. I'm going with interior first like i said cause that needs replacing, but i wanna know what i should do next.
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

body kit and rims next
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
spano

Post by spano »

yeah i think i might go for rims next, and body kit after winter, but performance wise, what would you suggest as a first upgrade? other than engine
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

lowering and rims, don't get retarded 17-18" heavy wheels either. just wider 16x7's, preferably lighter in weight.

Engine swap is really easy to do and really adds to these cars a lot. not expensive either.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Get an engine swap. It is by far the most bang for your buck you're gonna get. You can buy a 165hp 2.5L KLDE out of an MX-6, Probe GT, or 626 for less than $500, or get a 200hp 2.5L KLZE from an engine importer for like $1200. The $500 165hp engine is the same price as headers, and when was the last time headers got you 35hp??
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”