Which one is faster?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
hgallegos915

Re: Which one is faster?

Post by hgallegos915 »

what if u turbo a ze?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

with the tuning to go with it the KL-ZE would be faster due to more off boost power and more displacement but you would only be able to go so far, the BPT still has more potential
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
ZEmadman

Post by ZEmadman »

whats the potential, HP wise, for each of the 2 engines. obviously drag cars would be different but within reason is 300HP out of the question for either?
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Dave lauzier has that mx-3 with a bp in it that is turboed and I believe I saw on some website that he is making 480 hp to the wheels.
You can get the article from sport compact car 98 off this site telling how he bought the car as a v6 and swapped it out for the 4 cyl. I think he runs 11's.

By the way I was looking around for his name and I happened to come across this fourm talking about our cars..
Take a look

I am going to murder somebody. Like, for example, all of these guys.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

300hp isnt out of the question, both engines are around 200hp to begin with so it seems very likely. my knowledge of engines isnt great but i just have it stuck in my mind that more cylinders and more displacement would equal more power potential?
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

but there is also the amount of aftermarket, you can only go so far and the BP in stock form should be able to make more since it was meant to be turbo and a KL-ZE will only go so far before you gotta rip it apart and build it to talk more power
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

Originally posted by Franko:
By the way I was looking around for his name and I happened to come across this fourm talking about our cars..
Take a look

I am going to murder somebody. Like, for example, all of these guys.
let the little honda boys think they are sweet for beating a SOHC

MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

What was that talk at the bottom about MX3s with rotors in Frankos link?
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Both motors can hit 400whp on boost w/o any major mods. I personally think that the V6 has more potential, it just has less aftermarket support. I bet if a big company starting building the KL motor they can get some really big HP numbers. The main problem is the crap tranny that can barely hold 400whp if that. Even though I think the V6 has more potential, all the majorly modded 4 bangers are the fastest ones. And that 800hp KL would never even fit in an MX-3 but we were talking about potential of the engines.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

were talking potenital of them in a MX-3, not alot of room to work with in a GS

papa roached

Post by papa roached »

Originally posted by MikeUK:
honduh boys not knowing what they are talking about

ZEmadman

Post by ZEmadman »

hey papa, you ever dynoed? you've got a pretty souped up ZE...have any idea how many ponies under the hood?
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

Originally posted by papa roached:
Originally posted by MikeUK:
honduh boys not knowing what they are talking about
i think they were refering to the 9sec 20B rotary mx3.. forgot the guy's name. (but that was only 1 car, and yes those honduh kidz dont know crap about the mazdas that smoke them) :D
92 Autozam AZ3
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

Originally posted by ZEmadman:
hey papa, you ever dynoed? you've got a pretty souped up ZE...have any idea how many ponies under the hood?
no dyno yet, i know the stock intake and exhaust setup is choking, im waiting till i do my headers, exhaust and intake and then i might throw it on a dyno to see what its throwing out i got now clue as of right now but i would say anywhere from 180-200 with the restrictive exhaust and what not

seneca

Post by seneca »

Now are we talking stock BPT and stock ZE? Cause there are a few klzeT's out there...or in the works *cough*BabyBluemx3*cough*. I'd put my money on a well turbo'd klze.
My Car Domain Page:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/496099

Take a Look, leave a comment, and don't forget to vote.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”