Koni inserts, where to buy?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
thebox

Koni inserts, where to buy?

Post by thebox »

I saw them on Tirerack but I found them only under the premium category, not the performance or autocross categories. That seemed very odd to me if these shocks are as good as people seem to think they are. I want to buy them but I want to make sure I'm not buying the wrong product. I'm sure there probably isn't any different Koni insert that could possibly fit our cars so this thread is stupid, but I'm a moron and I just want to be safe and ask =)
1992 MX-3 GS

KLZE - Fidanza Flywheel - CM IIR Clutch - Millenia IM - UR Pulley - IM Spacers - KL36 ECU
papa roached

Re: Koni inserts, where to buy?

Post by papa roached »

www.corksport.com they got them in the MX-3 suspension section
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
thebox

Post by thebox »

true corksport has em, but they also charge a rediculous amount of money for them. They are like $159 from corksport vs. $131 on Tirerack (USD). Basically I just want to know if the inserts I saw on Tirerack are the right ones. =)
1992 MX-3 GS

KLZE - Fidanza Flywheel - CM IIR Clutch - Millenia IM - UR Pulley - IM Spacers - KL36 ECU
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

Koni only has one kind of strut for the Mx-3,
the adjustable red ones.<p>I have them, and it`s probably the best strut around for the mx3.<p>nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
HFStuart

Post by HFStuart »

Can be bought for £77.00 (excluding sales tax) in the UK.<p>Might be worth seeing what that would be when shipped to the US/Canada.<p>From here<p>http://www.peterlloydrallying.co.uk/<p>Part Nos IIRC are 86-2442 Front and 86-2443-Rear.<p>Stuart
Johns93GS

Post by Johns93GS »

Nope-MX3, what kind of springs are you using? Do they handle a drop at all?
john kilfoyle .:. mx-3 fanatic
http://www.cardomain.com/id/johnmx3
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

Originally posted by Johns93GS:
Nope-MX3, what kind of springs are you using? Do they handle a drop at all?
I use H&R 45mm springs. works like a charm

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”