coilovers

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
nope-mx3

Re: coilovers

Post by nope-mx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx3man83:
Nobody makes a true coilover for our car.<hr></blockquote><p>This is not entirely true.
A German company makes true coilovers for the Mx3<p>Coilovers<p>Page is in german though :/<p>
nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by EBUCKS:
Marsh, think about it. The springs used for the dropzone kit hardly sit properly, hence the clunking. If you cut half a coil on the spring or any other spring that you get, they'll be lopsided and then your spring will get caught on the top of the sleeve and feel as though it's bottoming out. Just remember that the sleeves are not a tight fit to the ID of the spring. And how can it be, cuz the spring coils have to travel.<hr></blockquote><p>oh no i meant cutting the suspension technique springs, not the dropzone coilover springs. (EDIT: nevermind i just finished reading your paragraph.)<p>anyway i also plan to get cusco camber plates in the future so i guess GC and some good struts would be a good combo.. i just need to find the perfect spring rate now.<p>[ June 18, 2003: Message edited by: marshmallow15 ]</p>
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx3man83:
What the hell are PPC coilovers? Never heard of them for the mx-3. I was under the impression that ground control and dropzone were the only companies that made "coilovers" for our car.<hr></blockquote><p>http://www.ppc-racing.com/fordsus.html<p>scroll down<p>Bullshark thing.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I see...but they're not meant, or marketed, for the mx-3, it just so happens that the suspension system on the zx-2 is similar to the mx-3. I'd definitely be willing to try them out if i had the cash. On the german page...is there anyone that knows german that can let us know some information on those coilovers?
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”