Koni`s & H&R`s

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
nope-mx3

Koni`s & H&R`s

Post by nope-mx3 »

hey all :) <p>is Koni`s & H&R`s a good matched combo?
I orderered Mazdaspeed struts, but they where discontinued, and replaced with a much more expensive series (almost twice as expensive...)<p>anyone have any pictures of a Mx3 with Koni`s and H&R`s? I just hope it lowers the car so most of the wheelgap disappear.<p>Also, is there any other parts I should replace at the same time? parts that might be a bit worn for instance?<p>nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
992mmx3

Re: Koni`s & H&R`s

Post by 992mmx3 »

Did they discontinue the mazdaspeed struts in the U.S. too?
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

the strut mounts are probably in need of being changed. It'll improve the responsiveness of the car, and you might as well do it when you do the springs and struts.<p>By the way, thats a very good pairing. Who are you having to do the koni inserts?
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

A local mechanic are doing them.
And also the shop where I buy them, the are supposedly experts on Koni, and they told me to call them if I had any problems.<p>I got a little nervous when I saw the install description.. :) '...then you just hacksaw the original strut..' umm, nothing I`d do myself :)
I installed the HKS kit, any more technical than that, and I let the pro`s handle it :) <p>btw, the strut mounts, are they very expensive?
I gotta look in the Mazda Manual, so I find the correct part. (and, exactly wich part is it? is it on the R-12 page on the Online Workshop manual?)<p>992mmx3: not sure about Usa. I`m in Norway, and the guy who imports stuff from Japan was told that Mazdaspeed didn`t make them anymore.
But they supposedly has a new series. (probably exactly the same, just a different color and 80% more expensive) ;P<p>nope-mx3<p>[ February 26, 2003: Message edited by: nope-mx3 ]</p>
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”