TE04H Mistsubishi Turbocharger

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Calkidd

TE04H Mistsubishi Turbocharger

Post by Calkidd »

This is a turbo for sale I found on another site. What I was wanting to know is:
1. What is this worth?
2. Is it worth rebuilding?
3. Or don't even mess with it.
This is a used Mitsubishi turbocharger
It is a common turbo used for the small displacement motors
This is comparable to a Garrett T3 but does not have as much lag time.
It spools very quickly. Will support over 325 horsepower at 10 psi
Bought for a project I will never finish
Needs rebuilt, kits sell for about 80.00
Very clean, no rust, compressor housing looks brand new
Perfect for a custom turbo setup on a 4 cylinder or even a street bike or whatever you need more power from.
\

Thanks in advanced.
Bryan
rdawg000

Re: TE04H Mistsubishi Turbocharger

Post by rdawg000 »

if u have the 4 cycl. i think it would be fine but on the v6 i think it would be to small!! someone correct me if i am wrong!!!!
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Originally posted by rdawg000:
if u have the 4 cycl. i think it would be fine but on the v6 i think it would be to small!! someone correct me if i am wrong!!!!
yup you're right in every point
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
What

Post by What »

depends on what your goals are with the 4 cyl. 200-225hp and that thing is losing efficiency fast. They came on Chrylser turbo fwds... Chrysler made 1 million of their fwd turbo cars... there are lots of the Mitsu versions from those cars lying around. $70-$80 for it is fair depending on where you buying it I suppose. I think I still have one from my Grandmas old Lebaron to that I don't really have use for.
Calkidd

Post by Calkidd »

I was only wanting to produce around 4-5psi for now.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

the main question is what engine do you have !
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Did the seller say what the origins of this turbo was? Most common source was the Mopar 2.2L in the '80s. Mitsubishi also use them on there 1.6L If it came from a JDM importer chances are it was the OE turbo from a 1.8L Lancer GSR These turbos came with a slightly larger compressor similar to a T3-60. Ask the seller what compresser housing in on this turbo usually it is something like a 12B, 13G, Etc. What they are worth? I picked up one for Zero, Zip, Nada in perfect working order complete with fittings and inlet tube with OE recirc. BOV.
Calkidd

Post by Calkidd »

Originally posted by babyblueMX3:
the main question is what engine do you have !
1.6 SOHC....

I want to do a set up similar to Racing Mazda.

I just want to run around 4-6 psi of boost for now, until I can upgrade things like the injectors, ingnition and the sort.
flatblackmx

Post by flatblackmx »

were can you find a kit for 80$$ are so ??? turbocity.com and turbochargers.com sell them for 150$ because i have the same turbo sittin in my utiliy room.
lets go get it !
What

Post by What »

The turbo would be a decent choice for the SOHC... reasonable spool and cheap to buy.

The $80 was referring to picking up complete turbo not a rebuild kit... although that would be nice though.. :)
Calkidd

Post by Calkidd »

No, actually the guy was referring to purchasing a rebuild kit or that price.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

That would be either a Mitsu 13G or a 14B. Either turbo would work well on the SOHC. The 13G Is good for around 280HP and the 14B is good for around 300HP. These numbers are at the crank. A small 16G is TDO5H is good for around 350-400HP at the crank (That is currently on my brothers 92 Talon TSi). The EVO III had a 16G that flows more than the "BIG" 16G. These are good turbo's for the money. We are considering a Garrett GT35R for my Brother's Talon a little later in life. The 16G will be nasty (I've got 24hrs of head work done and am just starting the combustion chambers). Hope that tid bit helps! :welder:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
Calkidd

Post by Calkidd »

Well actually I was wanting to know if purchasing this turbo would be worth the effort?

The seller says it need to be rebuilt. Right now there are two people who have bid on the turbo with a price of $51 right now.

What is this turbo worth as is?

Check it out..........
TE04H Mitsubishi Turbo.

Thanks Bryan
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

You should be able to find used 13G, 14B turbos from $100-$350 that are still in decent shape. You can get brand new 16G's for around $525-$925 depending on which size 16G you want. We may be selling the small 16G on my brothers Talon and putting my Garrett GT32 on it(I wuz going to put it on the RX-7). If you would be interested in the 16G off his car please let me know, it still looks new and has no shaft play (it's about 1.5 years old). He'll probably ask $400 for the 16G. Rebuilding old turbos usually starts at about $250 if it just needs bearings. Usually if a turbo needs to be rebuilt it needs a whole new center section because the owner doesn't find the problem untill the compressor blades are scrubbing the housing (which ruins the housing and compressor wheel). Another otpion is the Garret T3/T04 which you can find brand new starting around $600. Hope this helps you, if you have any question or are interested in the turbo off my brother talon let me know! :welder:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
Calkidd

Post by Calkidd »

Hey thanks for the input everyone.

Return to “Forced Induction”