New Dyno Results

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Ma-Ze

New Dyno Results

Post by Ma-Ze »

These past few weeks have been kind of frustrating for us but it seems they have paid off. First off we got some new dyno results saturday morning, the best results we had was at 25psi that pulled 451hp and im sorry i cant remember the torque off the top of my head. that pull sounded crazy, it wasnt even a complete run since my ic pipe blew off and took the right side of the bumper with it! I was practicaly jumping up and down like a little school after that. the goal was to go all the way up to 30psi but it seems we might have maxed out the stock fuel rail, either that or the dyno was taking a dump on us. I really appreciate turbochargers.com for letting us use their dyno so early on a race weekend. Last time we we dynoed was with the stock head and intake manifold. This time we went with a fully built head and a new intake manifold. Ric from racingmazda.com has been working on my car non stop night and day for the past 2 weeks. our goal was to get the car ready for the nopi races this past weekend and without his help this would not have happened. we were up till 5am on saturday and headed straight to the dyno in houston when the fabricator was done with my manifold, Ric had been working on my car till the a.m. for the past few days, could barely keep his eyes open on saturday. we made it on time for second round qualifying in turbo 4 on saturday. after my first run we found out the bracket made on my manifold was not sturdy enough to hold on to the throttle cable while im shifting gears, i pulled a 1.8 60' and when i shifted to 2nd the cable came off, i had to roll the rest of the way past the 1000' mark. we tried one more pass but the same thing happened, this will be fixed by today though. i want to thank Ric Stephens and shop for all the help they have given to me during the whole building process of my car. even at the track as tired as all of us were Ric was still working hard in between rounds trying to solve minor issues and finish the little things we were unable to do the past few days. i gotta love the 2 step he hooked up that sounds like gunshots are firing. for those who want to come check us out we will be at NOPI this coming weekend in Ennis. :D
92 MX-3 RS,
Racing Mazda turbo kit. 451 WHP @ 25 psi
12.1 @ 117 mph w/318whp
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/652555
Vanished

Re: New Dyno Results

Post by Vanished »

The next Dave Lauzier...I have to hand it too you, u have acomplished something that so many people have wanted to do...have one hell of a fast mx-3. You've overcome a huge barior, and your car is amazing. Keep up the good work, and I hope to see some impressive runs.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

you sir are a god among MXers
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

definatly keep us posted on your times. i can see you in the 10's. i hope to be getting close to thoes numbers next year. but the VJ14 will have to go for sure. my direct port nos should help alittle :) i should be hitting over 350hp with the nos for sure @ 16psi. i really need a fuel management system.

well good luck this next weekend. are you still on the stock trans?
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Those are nice #'s. Hopefully you won't blow a tranny. Have fun next week. And when do the dyno charts go up??? I want to see these!
What

Post by What »

Congrats on the numbers... lots of hard work here by the sounds of it. Good luck at the races and send us some pics of the event.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

nice. send me dyno sheet if u got one mitmaks@yahoo.com nice work on mazda, impressive
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

looking good man. let us know how the races go.

also, let me know how the blue Stage6 crx from florida does.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Ma-Ze

Post by Ma-Ze »

Thanks guys, yea we are still on a stock transmission. After my last pass the ACT clutch we were using shattered. But all is good now, we already have a new clutch that can handle the power and the manifold is fixed. hopefully we will be able to run 25 or 30 pounds of boost this weekend.
92 MX-3 RS,
12.1 @ 117 mph w/318whp
Minimonster

Post by Minimonster »

Originally posted by OsoSlo z28:
looking good man. let us know how the races go.

also, let me know how the blue Stage6 crx from florida does.
If thats the one that race the power street class I think it won in Houston.

Ma-Ze, the new clutch is in, so are the brakes, The intake manifols is at the machine shop. I am still working on the rails. Dont forget the xtra axles. Don't forget to change you sig. I like the new NOPI schedule.

<small>[ October 12, 2004, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Minimonster ]</small>
Proud builder of
455 hp Miata 10.98@125mph
MX-3 RS 25 psi 451 hp
MX-6 F2T 12.8 @ 112 mph
(Current Project) A 700 hp MX-3 now at 475 hp
Ma-Ze

Post by Ma-Ze »

looks like nopi is out the question for this weekend. took the car out for some testing last night and the oil pump took a dump on us. instead of rushing for this weekend weve decided to take it easy. we should at least get the car running in a few days when the new pump comes in, once thats done we will get some new times along with video.
92 MX-3 RS,
12.1 @ 117 mph w/318whp
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Imagin that...a ten second precidia :cool: . You should try and get a deal with SuperSreet, Import Tuner, or another mag. I'm sure they'ed give you an article and it's another proof that mx-3s can be fast, for those dip****s out there saying that mx-3s are slow! :2thumbsup:

<small>[ October 15, 2004, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Vanshed ]</small>
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

a guy here in Gatineau, made a 10.8 pass on 25psi..he dumped his engine in Dave Lauzier's old mx-3 shell.pretty impresive
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Ma-Ze

Post by Ma-Ze »

Originally posted by babyblueMX3:
a guy here in Gatineau, made a 10.8 pass on 25psi..he dumped his engine in Dave Lauzier's old mx-3 shell.pretty impresive
when was this? drag323 bought the shell. last i heard he was running high 11s. i figured if anybody had beat the 11.1 set by Lauzier it would be all over this board already.
92 MX-3 RS,
12.1 @ 117 mph w/318whp
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

there was a rumor on the board months back about it running somewhere in the 10's. but not much details on it.

Return to “Forced Induction”