Dyno and then track

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Minimonster

Dyno and then track

Post by Minimonster »

The 92 rs with the Racing Mazda turbo kit, Dyno # at 15 psi turned out 318.8 whp and 301 trq. At the track that Friday night it ran 12.1 @ 117 mph with a 1.9 60 ft. We hope to have it at the track again this friday and get videos. It was good enough for 2nd place at the local monthly sports compact shootout. Lost to an 11.2 RX-7.

I do not own this car any more. It have a new owner/driver (MA-ZI)
Proud builder of
455 hp Miata 10.98@125mph
MX-3 RS 25 psi 451 hp
MX-6 F2T 12.8 @ 112 mph
(Current Project) A 700 hp MX-3 now at 475 hp
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: Dyno and then track

Post by babyblueMX3 »

a stock 92 rs with turbo kit.. 318whp..now that is impressive ! :2thumbsup:
must be a good kit
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Eric Moore

Post by Eric Moore »

Wonder if my L10 atx tranny can hold that much power.... Might be more fun to just do that than the B6T...and certainly different...specially with the auto....
Project Holy Crap!!!
L10 ATX Trannny In!

Project Turbo!!!
Finally Found A 5 Speed MX-3 in decent shape! B6T On The way now!

"Is it a mini-Skyline or an uderstated Supra hunter..."
RB25DET getting dropped into the 240SX as you read! Pics and Dyno graph coming soon!!
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

:eek: :eek: :eek:
thats all i have to say.. damn
92 Autozam AZ3
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

MXspeed
from what i heard even a L10 ATX wont hold up to that, and if it does it wouldent be for long.

Minimonster
what kind of setup is it running. thats supposed to be a stock MX rs motor pulling thoes kind of number. if so that is quite impressive, almost unbelevable. most stock motors crap out at 13 to 14 psi, and about 220hp. does it have B6T rods and pistons?
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

It was disappointing to see it loose given with a better driver i think it would have won. For the power output it had it was pulling on the rx7, not by much though.

I am interested in the details as well, i do imagine your still on stock internals though.

You can build up a auto tranny to take the power easier than you can make a manual to do so.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Eric Moore

Post by Eric Moore »

Thats what I was thinkin Torp...go get it shot peened and cryo treated...I'd almost think it could handle it...not sure which torque converter I could use though...would probably need a better stall speed than the OEM one...just for better launching at least.....I might have me some research to do
Project Holy Crap!!!
L10 ATX Trannny In!

Project Turbo!!!

RB25DET getting dropped into the 240SX as you read! Pics and Dyno graph coming soon!!
Minimonster

Post by Minimonster »

Originally posted by torpedan:
It was disappointing to see it loose given with a better driver i think it would have won. For the power output it had it was pulling on the rx7, not by much though.

I am interested in the details as well, i do imagine your still on stock internals though.

You can build up a auto tranny to take the power easier than you can make a manual to do so.
The new owner have to get use to the new setup. That was his first time driving the new setup. I was shocked to see the 1.6 tran hold up. It also tracked better with the slicks on than it did with the steet tires. I have tuned 320 whp on a 1.6 stock engine miata b4 so I know this would hold it. The new owner want to run TURBO 4\SFW with NOPI and NHRA. So we are planning big. I might drive it on Friday and try to get VID and 11's
Proud builder of
455 hp Miata 10.98@125mph
MX-3 RS 25 psi 451 hp
MX-6 F2T 12.8 @ 112 mph
(Current Project) A 700 hp MX-3 now at 475 hp
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

I might drive it on Friday and try to get VID and 11's [/QB]
i wanna see this :2thumbsup:
92 Autozam AZ3
Eric Moore

Post by Eric Moore »

Hey Ric any chance you can get some pics of the setup on your site? I dont live north of Austin anymore so it'd be a pain in the butt to come see it in person (23hr drive dont sound like fun to look at a car).
Project Holy Crap!!!
L10 ATX Trannny In!

Project Turbo!!!

torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Originally posted by Minimonster:
The new owner have to get use to the new setup. That was his first time driving the new setup. I was shocked to see the 1.6 tran hold up. It also tracked better with the slicks on than it did with the steet tires. I have tuned 320 whp on a 1.6 stock engine miata b4 so I know this would hold it. The new owner want to run TURBO 4\SFW with NOPI and NHRA. So we are planning big. I might drive it on Friday and try to get VID and 11's
Are you still running a 1.6 motor? I would not expect a long trany life, best thing being with some resrouces you could find and fix weaknesses(i used to have a graveyard in my backyard from our Fastiva). Either way best of luck to the goals you guys have.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

It's a testamony to the strength of Mazda's 4cyl engines. Those numbers are very impressive for a sohc. I'd like to know what kind of spark and fuel management is on the car?
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

i was there when it ran a 12.1 against the rx-7 damn good race. that mx-3 was kicking *** left and right. good job rick and new owner laters

Drifter MX-3
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

That is simply unbelievable. Racingmazda can surely do some awesome ****, as I know they did with 1st gen Mx6's. Great work.

BTW what engine management and injectors is that, as well as what turbo?
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
Ma-Ze

Post by Ma-Ze »

Originally posted by rebel2k4:
That is simply unbelievable. Racingmazda can surely do some awesome ****, as I know they did with 1st gen Mx6's. Great work.

BTW what engine management and injectors is that, as well as what turbo?
TecIII, 1000cc injectors, PT SC63 turbo
92 MX-3 RS,
Racing Mazda turbo kit. 451 WHP @ 25 psi
12.1 @ 117 mph w/318whp
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/652555

Return to “Forced Induction”