k8 dual turbo

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
fi addict

k8 dual turbo

Post by fi addict »

hows this for a first post?
im doing my search like everyother forum requires before one opens their mouth.

im thinking of doing a twin turbo setup.
i have 2 turbos an ht12 (same as found on an rx7)
and a ht15 (these turbos came off of my mazda cosmo engine)
now the intercooler would be custom and the bov would be placed on the outlet (cold side)
the waste gates would be set and .7bar (10psi) or less. I figure the flow would be equal to that of a t3 at 5-7psi. I hear that the k8 can take 8-9psi (w/o a huge turbo... lets not discuse psi vs flow please) The MAF sensor would have to saty if i am correct? Like my turbo miata B4 I went w/a link ECU. I was planning on using slightly larger injectors and a FPR w/ a 10:1 disc.

this all start because my clutch is slipping and I miss my turbo miata. :) ***the miata is in the shop getting a cosmo engine installed*** I figured if im doing a clutch i might as well put one in better then needed. Then i thought id add a little more life to the car since i have the turbos sitting around.
i have an engine diagram in hand and i see that they need to be there!! this car needs more power think this will work? w/o too much of a pain? OH and there are not many twin turbo mx-3's out there that i know of!!!

let me get your thoughts!
Garage (sort of)
99 Acura Integra GSR-T (totaled)
03 Mercedes Benz C230K (rear upgrade from 3.27 to 3.67 ratio) running strong at 108K miles
92 MX-3 v6 (that i wanted to twin turbo w/ an ht12 and ht15) - Parting out now!!!
90 MX-5 getting the rotary treatment
bdavis2005 @ gmail . com
feedback link -> http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62911" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sam Baker

Re: k8 dual turbo

Post by Sam Baker »

wow haha 20b miata.. that i wanna see! :D

but a tt mx3 v6.. duno about that. people have turboed them, but the sheer lack of room limits you. you'd have to move the battery.. maybe take out a buncha other stuff. but, if the turbo's were small enuff i bet u could get decent power outta it with less lag ;)
92 Autozam AZ3
Golliwog

Post by Golliwog »

That's exactly what I was thinking of doing, but yeah, lack of room is/was my main concern from what I've read about it.
-Golli
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

well by the sounds of it you have enough cash laying around for all those cars to keep them all maintained and modified....

a twin turbo v6 should be doable.....might need some custom engine bay work and some chopping and **** done.

ps. the old f1 cars used a 1.5v6 twin turbo so id love to see what a twin mx3 can do.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Where the hell in LI do you live at with all those cars??
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
fi addict

Post by fi addict »

the turbos are tiny so i picture it running more like a supercharger (next to no lag).
The manifolds will be made from the stock ones.(basicly putting a flange on the existing manifold)
the intercooler will be the only major thing and piping ofcourse.
i plan on getting a BOV mounted on the IC as said b4 (easy and cheap)
all the parts will be used so this shouldn't break the bank!
What is the deal w/ the MAF? i didnt have to deal w/ it thanks to the standalone EMS. Can i hack it apart and just find a way to use the sensor w/o the air box? Im not going standalone w/ this! This car is my commuter car so im not intrested in making it a track car i just want to break 200fwhp and im not looking to dyno it to find out.

The miata is an 11k project thanks to the help im getting from Richard@ ACT, dakota digital and Chris @apex-i and other...
Garage (sort of)
03 Mercedes Benz C230K (rear upgrade from 3.27 to 3.67 ratio) running strong at 108K miles
92 MX-3 v6 (that i wanted to twin turbo w/ an ht12 and ht15) - Parting out now!!!
bdavis2005 @ gmail . com
feedback link -> http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62911" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

yea you will still need the MAF if you are staying with the factory ecu...i don't have a v6 but all MAF sensors i've seen you can take off easily. just make sure you put the MAF before the turbo(s) as it can't read anything above atmospheric pressure.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Originally posted by ryanlindenberg:
yea you will still need the MAF if you are staying with the factory ecu...i don't have a v6 but all MAF sensors i've seen you can take off easily. just make sure you put the MAF before the turbo(s) as it can't read anything above atmospheric pressure.
.. VAF :)
and thats gonna be a serious restriction because of the plunger style air flow meter.
fi addict

Post by fi addict »

It just need to read vac..hmmmmm? i could put it on one turbo only? now i need to check on how to fit um and keep them high enough from the ground. This kit is going to be mildly rig'd it you know what i mean. This all started becauce i need a clutch and saw a diagram of the engine.
:rant2:

ps my clutch and fly for the miata came in!!!! its on baybee!!!!

<small>[ June 16, 2004, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: fi addict ]</small>
Garage (sort of)
bdavis2005 @ gmail . com
fi addict

Post by fi addict »

this project looks like its going to be put aside for a while until january atleast. The miata is taking full priorty due to contract and intrest in making over 600rwhp VS under 300fwhp :( in the mx-3.
well anyone want to buy a couple turbos...cheap and might be a good time. using these turbos have brought 270hp to 550hp so i know they can make some nice power
Garage (sort of)
bdavis2005 @ gmail . com

Return to “Forced Induction”