turbooooo?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
o0hal0bender0o

turbooooo?

Post by o0hal0bender0o »

ight so i jus bought this mx-3 im thinking about putting the 2.5 mx-6 motor in there... ne know know where i can get a turbo kit? if not ne one know where i can get a turbo kit for the original v6 the mx-3 comes with? :froggie_red:
papa roached

Re: turbooooo?

Post by papa roached »

your garage is a good place since you gotta build one because they dont make one for the V6 MX-3s
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Its a 100% custom job. But thats good cause you get to pick and choose exactly what setup you want instead of just going out and buying a kit. Its also a bit cheaper but its takes time and research.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
o0hal0bender0o

Post by o0hal0bender0o »

http://www.boosthead.com/product.php#

so whats the difference between the electric supercharger,and the other one,besides the price?
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

One works and one doesn't :roll: (the elctric is snake oil)
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
o0hal0bender0o

Post by o0hal0bender0o »

alright so custom turbo it is... ne one know where the best place is to purchase the things i need? ne one wanna make a list for me and lemme know exalcty whut im going to nee?
korban

Post by korban »

ebays your best bet for finding things cheap.

youll need a turbo, wastegate, air/fuel gauge and a ton of custom piping. if you want to go more hardcore with the turbo, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump , standalone fuel management system etc.. can get nasty..

and easier custom install to do would be a supercharger (belt driven).

Also try the scrap yards in your area you might be able to pick up a turbo or supercharge relatively cheap there.

There is a turbo charger junk yard list in the forced forum
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Originally posted by MX3-Freak:
That's a somewhat sweeping statement. There is no reason the electric supercharger described in the link should not be as effective as claimed, as a short term booster. There's nothing new in the principle. All submarines used it for underwater propulsion until the nuclear age, and many still do. (Of course, in that application we're talking about hours, not seconds, of operation, but it's the same principle).

It all depends on the efficiency of the drive motor and the energy density of the batteries. Maybe the jury's still out on whether what they offer is good enough.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

your best resource for turboing a 2.5 mx6 motor or 2.5 probe motor or even a ZE is probetalk.com
they got tons of info and links you can use.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

Originally posted by IanL:
That's a somewhat sweeping statement. There is no reason the electric supercharger described in the link should not be as effective as claimed, as a short term booster. There's nothing new in the principle. All submarines used it for underwater propulsion until the nuclear age, and many still do. (Of course, in that application we're talking about hours, not seconds, of operation, but it's the same principle).

It all depends on the efficiency of the drive motor and the energy density of the batteries. Maybe the jury's still out on whether what they offer is good enough.
I guess you could be right, however, the batteries used to power this thing for 14 seconds, then the power that is needed to recharge afterwards, plus the fans when non- operational seems like more drag will be created then can be compensated for. Just a guess though..
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
korban

Post by korban »

one thing to keep in mind too, probetalk may talk alot more about turbos but a ford probe compared to an mx3 is way different in terms of available space. The mx-3 is really tight on space and quite tricky to install a turbo setup. with ac and an intercooler youll probably be moving the battery to the trunk to get more space..
anyone elses thoughts on this?
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Originally posted by IanL:

I guess you could be right, however, the batteries used to power this thing for 14 seconds, then the power that is needed to recharge afterwards, plus the fans when non- operational seems like more drag will be created then can be compensated for. Just a guess though..
If you're referring to economy, I'd agree; there's quite a lot more energy to be put in than you can get out when you want it. It converts gasoline power to stored electric power; then there are the losses when its removed from storage and used for boost. But the power available on-boost is going to be real, and the power sacrificed on re-charging will depend on the delivery rate of the alternator you use - it could be equivalent to running the AC. Depends how fast you want the recharge to be.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Originally posted by korban:
one thing to keep in mind too, probetalk may talk alot more about turbos but a ford probe compared to an mx3 is way different in terms of available space. The mx-3 is really tight on space and quite tricky to install a turbo setup. with ac and an intercooler youll probably be moving the battery to the trunk to get more space..
anyone elses thoughts on this?
true..but all the elements that compose the turbo kit can be the same...the only difference is that the piping will be different because like you said our engine bay is way smaller but it can be done..just take a look at jeff abrams old car...and moving the battery to the truck is a must unless you do like BATOSAI did and put the turbo near the rad
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
o0hal0bender0o

Post by o0hal0bender0o »

whut a damn hastle guys.... i will just spend the 3 grand on the supercharger lol... i didnt know it was such a "custom" job... but thanks for the help... ne tips one what kinda charger i should use? jackson maybe?
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Moved to forced induction...

Return to “Forced Induction”