check this link out.

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
marsinner

check this link out.

Post by marsinner »

http://www.spiralmax.com/<p>
I was searching for an intake for my ride, and came across this, any thoughts?
jordan69

Re: check this link out.

Post by jordan69 »

it looks to be somewhat legit, it doesnt look THAT restrictive, but those dyno charts look VERY unrealistic, and even if it DID work that well, with our cars you would MAYBE see 3 hp out of it.
You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a White guy, the best golfer is a black guy, The Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war
BPTurbo

Post by BPTurbo »

it's similar the the Tornado. It does work though.
I have the tornado on my mx-3, and so far that was the most noticable power gain.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BPTurbo:
it's similar the the Tornado. It does work though.
I have the tornado on my mx-3, and so far that was the most noticable power gain.
<hr></blockquote><p>funny, i would have thought the motor swap would be. :p
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
BPTurbo

Post by BPTurbo »

:cool:
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

are you guys serious? lol
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

this has been posted LOTs of times.. its junk.<p>the only reason it helps gas mileage is (if I had to guess) because...<p>Restriction in the intake will cause the MAF to report a slower air flow, which means less fuel consumption because of the lower fuel/air ratio.
You save gas, but loose power.. why not put on a more restrictive airbox :)
BPTurbo

Post by BPTurbo »

funny, since I put one of those in I don't really notice savings in gas, but I do feel the power gain.
Oh well it must only e my imagination. :roll:
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BPTurbo:
funny, since I put one of those in I don't really notice savings in gas, but I do feel the power gain.
Oh well it must only e my imagination. :roll:
<hr></blockquote><p>do u run that with your gtr engine?
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
BPTurbo

Post by BPTurbo »

I run it on the SOHC.
The gtr ain't working any more :confused:
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

I run it on the SOHC.
The gtr ain't working any more :confused:
<hr></blockquote><p>why what happened to it?
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

He forgot to buy it..thats what happened. The BPT part of his screen name is because he has a turbo(tornado) on his B series engine..The P means pooooo. Just kidding man, hope your not all sensitive :) . So what did happen to your BPT engine? It's just weird that someone goes from having a BPT engine to a SOHC with a tornado?
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
BPTurbo

Post by BPTurbo »

aks your mama what happened, she knows!
If you know ****, then maybe you should shut your hole kid.
For others.....
The '94 BPT is stil sitting in my garage after last year's races in Montreal, but I'm not gonna go into this, because there is too many people on this site that would like to make big, funny deal out of it.
I did the swap thanks to this site. I had different name but finally lost my password and never got it back so had to create new name. Lot's of the first 1500 on this site might remember but f*** it, this site went down big time. Like the poor guy that got screwed on e-bay by buying the electric turbo for $200. It wasn't smart, but he didn't deserve to be called idiot, bustard, pathetic etc. And it's mostly by kids who play big racers because they put some stickers, big rims and clear marker lenses! Get real!
Miata forum it is.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Hey brotha i said i was just playin around. I was just curious what happened to your BPT.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
UnkleDuke

Post by UnkleDuke »

I was the one that referred to the elect. turbo kid as the "poor bastard" but I didn't mean it to sound like that. I just mean that the poor guy got slammed because he didn't do any research to find out whether the product was a joke or not, before he dropped $200 on it. He could've spent the money on something a lot more sensible had he known better.
BTW...I'm not pretending to be a mechanic or a racer. I'm learning as I go, and trying to weed the BS from reliable info I can use.
I apologize if I pissed anyone off.
No Sig

Return to “Forced Induction”