Greddy and other turbo kits

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
tcmx3

Greddy and other turbo kits

Post by tcmx3 »

I was recently flipping through one of my old Turbo mags and found several turbo kits for the older miata with the 1.6l in it... will any of these work on our cars?
David Coleman

Re: Greddy and other turbo kits

Post by David Coleman »

It basically gives you an FMU, Turbo, and working manifold. You'll have to fab all your other piping etc.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

According to Derrick @ Corksport, the miata manifold mouts on top of the manifold. Which he said inturn would put the turbo through the MX-3's hood. <p>Will it work??? yes, if you don't mind the turbo stick through the hood. If your doing drag car only, this would be a good thing actually because it would help cool the turbo AND feed it colder cleaner air! Not to mention further reduced under hood temps!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

Do you know how high up above the hood the turbo would sit? Maybe you could use a hood scoop to give it extra clearance and provide cold air. I was looking at those Greddy kits and they claim to be "complete" kits yet they don't come with an intercooler, thought that was a little strange :shrug:<p>[ March 30, 2003: Message edited by: azmtbkr81 ]</p>
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Yeah, I forgot about the turbo being on the top of the manifold. A buddy of mine has one on his 90 Miata. They are non IC'd stock, because they run low boost with an FMU. Basically they're very primitive forced induction, with potential to expand the kit if you wish.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Just buy an incompleted log style header (comes with flange) from jgs tools, buy a turbo, get it custom fitted.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."

Return to “Forced Induction”