supercharging a rs

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
anjin1982

supercharging a rs

Post by anjin1982 »

i looking to supercharge my rs my friend got a s/c from 91 corrado we were fighting over if would would fit in my rs! isnt the actually s/c universal? all that makes it fits into cars would be the brackets and such right? anyway i want to s/c my rs.I searched found no real answers to my questions...
1)what list would i need to start my project?
2)how much more hp can the sohc hold?
3)whats the smallest s/c with decent hp gains?
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
VizualXTC

Re: supercharging a rs

Post by VizualXTC »

in most cases superchargers are universal. The only problems are mounting and driving the compressor.<p>I didn't understand number 1.
I think you meant you wanted a list of items to buy. am I right?
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

VW Corrados use G-lader superchargers. These are a really precise piece of engineering. Sure it *could* work, but it would need quite a bit of work to make it work. Custom mounting, tuning...<p>For a RS, a B6T swap seems, to me at least, much easier.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

what does a b6t motor rum 1/4 times stock?
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

The B6T in my car w/ my setup is turning around a 13.5 sec 1/4 mile (HORRIBLE 60ft times due to poor traction!). There are a lot of variables to deal with such as Intercooler & fuel system effeciency, which will make a BIG difference in the times it is capable of. The motor has endless capabilites though!!! ;)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

13 on th 1/4 sounds like my numbers(dreams) i was thinking a b6t,but thats down the line i want more power now till i get money for a b6t.The s/c is mine a of now (for free) i just need to mount so i think the s/c setup would be cheaper i just dont want to blow my car its a daily driver car!
1)how much boost can i run that will give me more power but still safe for the motor down the line(what hp gains?)
2)what parts would i need to be an easy install?
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

Like Ive ALREADY said, a custom drive system, much like the one Jeff Abrams built for his Centrifugal. That...or a LOT of intake plumbing.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

it will be just about teh same amount of money to swap a b6t in as its going to cost to install that SC. Our car wasnt meant for it so, youll also need engine managment just like a turbo, that will have to be tuned. Just do the b6t or bpt..
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there

Return to “Forced Induction”