TB COOLANT LINES TO TC

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
BATTOSAI

TB COOLANT LINES TO TC

Post by BATTOSAI »

can the throttle body coolant lines be used to cool my turbo? I have a k8 engine!
European Mx3 GsRT
Sonicxtacy02

Re: TB COOLANT LINES TO TC

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

those lines are on the "hot" end of the cooling system. Why wouldnt you want to cool your turbo with boiling coolant? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BATTOSAI:<BR><STRONG>can the throttle body coolant lines be used to cool my turbo? I have a k8 engine!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes. That would work well.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Hmmmm lets think about that comment on the "hot end of the cooling system". Take a look at your radiator...it's the coolest point in the system. Now look at the hose that carries coolant from your radiator to the themostat. Now from their it goes to cool the head right? Well then...where is the cool part of the system your talking about???? You got me puzzled here (I'm not trying to be an A$$). So I don't see why you couldn't use the TB coolant line, except for the fact you'ld have to run a long hose section to do it. See if you can find a coolant supply closer to where your turbo will be. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
mazdamaniac

Post by mazdamaniac »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BATTOSAI:<BR><STRONG>can the throttle body coolant lines be used to cool my turbo? I have a k8 engine!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That is how I have done it.<BR>The only caveat is that your cold idle will lower to a standard idle more quickly since the TB will see warm water sooner.<BR>Not really a problem, I don't think.

Return to “Forced Induction”