Rebuilt KLZE for race ?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mx3-precidia-gs-1995

Rebuilt KLZE for race ?

Post by mx3-precidia-gs-1995 »

I hope you guy can help me with that...<P>I got a KLZE from a friend...cost 200$<P>I dissasembly the entire engine and i see that the crank is in bad shape...but everything else is ok.<P>My question is...I gona do SOLO and Laping with my car next summer so i heard about forged piston / rod / crank...<P>DO i need to put that?<P>I wanna get a new engine by the way..i gonna change piston rings hla valve..<BR>What is the price?<P>thanks
VizualXTC

Re: Rebuilt KLZE for race ?

Post by VizualXTC »

you want to get a new engine? What are you gunna do with the KLZE you bought. I'll take it off your hands. If you are planning on rebuilding it, just get the crank from a KL03 (KLDE) engine. I believe they are the same. There are a few places that will sell forged pistons and rods. I heard that the KL crank can handle over 500BHP without any treatment from a very reliable source. I don't know what kind of power output you want.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
pelado

Post by pelado »

Crank and rods are forged already.<BR>Like Ryan said, a replacement from a KLDE will work.<BR>Polish the rods' side beams, shotpeen, install ARP bolts and they should handle any N/A power you can make.<P>Look for a thread on Tech forum for pistons, it has some links that should be helpful.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

since you'll be in Street Mod for Solo 2 anyway....do whatever you want. The car will be a blast, but it wont do well beyond a Divisional level. Ive discussed this with David a lot now. The MX-3 isnt the SM car....but its a very fun car with the ZE swap.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
mx3-precidia-gs-1995

Post by mx3-precidia-gs-1995 »

Thanks for tips guys<P>Ryan : I will keep it...im planning to rebuilt the engine...<P>Gonna change crank + try to find ZE HLA... + piston ring + valves.<BR>anything else i should change?
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx3-precidia-gs-1995:<BR><STRONG>Ryan : I will keep it...im planning to rebuilt the engine...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Dangit :)
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “Forced Induction”