what to do?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Ryencool

what to do?

Post by Ryencool »

My mx3 is going to be paid off in the next couple of months. Im 90% sure im getting a job that pays atleast twice what im making now..Im debating on keeping my mx3 and buying a civic, just for their ease of modification, or do you guys think I should buy a beater and drop the bpt in my mx? its all about money with me since I dont make much after paying for school in cash ( i live with my rents though ;) ) I want all my stuff done professionally I know that adds to hte price but also adds to the reliability factor...so what should I do? bpt my mx3? or get a the holy 1.8 gsr engine in a 2 door civic? Im shooting for 250hp in my mx, and I know the gsr can take well over that, but I cant decide, help me...<P>Ryan<p>[ April 17, 2002: Message edited by: Ryencool ]
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
ProtegeSTS

Re: what to do?

Post by ProtegeSTS »

The BPT will take 350hp without modification...the B18C will take ~250 MAYBE, with good tuning<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

thanks for teh reply protege....250? well even if that is true the parts are more readily availible, and cheaper. Wouldnt the bpt in my mx cause more hassles? axles, ecu and wireing, inspection issues...im just worried my mx wont be able to be a daily driver, im no mechanic, but im learning quickly...but I cant have somthing that isnt a daily driver so, that is one of my reasons at looking at a civic, its so tried adn true that you can have a fast daily driver, and thats what i need, or want :)<P>Ryan
92 red rs
performance exhaust
maldo

Post by maldo »

Honda parts can generally be quite high, especially factory parts. You will melt a piston in the GSR before you will get that much power. The BPT is simple to upgrade, the stock turbo can manage 20psi no problems. Parts are readily available from the M2 Miata, it was also backed by several Japanese companies. Braden was able to get 225whp out of his with very small upgrades. If you are going to buy a Civic, buy it as a junker, that is all they are good for.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maldo:<BR><STRONG>Braden was able to get 225whp out of his with very small upgrades. </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>He needs to get rid of that tiny turbo! T3 time! :)
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

hehehe, thanks alot guys guys...225hp at the wheels? will stock axles take that or will I have to swap in protege lx ones? along with the tranny...I added everything up, and it looks like around 7500$ for a engine install full bodykit, full stock repaint, rims and springs...hopefully that will be doable this summer, if not ill have to look pretty next summer ;) wish me luck on my interview today...at a press company to be a graphuics designer, not bad for a 19 year old with no degree haha...<P>anyone near me in NY want to help wiht the engine install so i can save some money? ill buy beer, hehe...<P>Ryan<BR>92 red rs
92 red rs
performance exhaust
maldo

Post by maldo »

The Vj20 is holding him back, too bad he is selling the car. If I had an extra 6k I might consider it. The impressive thing is that the 225whp is only at 13psi (or there abouts). He had more but with some good tuning from the E6K was able to cut down the boost and run near the same limits.<P>Good luck with the BPT swap. You should be able to use the stock tranny but if I remember correctly you my need the Pro tranny anyways.
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

yes you will need to get the pro tranny but thats only if you dont want to worry about shaving your axles or something. i said screw it and went with some pro axles and tranny that way when i snap the axles (if it happens) then i can take the axles to autozone and get replacements and when they snap take them back cause they have a lifetime gaurranty. also if you want to upgrade the turbo later on corksport has a turbo upgrade that just bolts everything right on. its a t28 guts in the vj-20 housing which according to derrick is good for 275-285 at around 12-15 psi. which isnt too bad if your not wanting to go crazy with the hp but still want a jaw dropping fast car daily driven. just an option.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

where is he selling this car? 6l americna or canadian??? im intrested...<P>Ryan
92 red rs
performance exhaust
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

He's in Cali....ill let him know youre interested.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Turboge

Post by Turboge »

I'm located in Southern California. Car is ready to sell, if it doesn't go by next week it is coming apart in pieces and being shipped to whoever purchases the pieces. If you are serious about buying it, we can work out the price and shipping if necesary.
Braden
"The Original Turboge"
http://barelylegaltransplants.com
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

sorry, what is BPT?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

It's a 1.8 turbo four cylinder out of j-spec 323GTX's. 90-94 years with 180hp. Simply put, it can be a bad a-- engine with decent tunning.

Return to “Forced Induction”