injector resistance and pressure

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

injector resistance and pressure

Post by cjthor »

Hey all,<BR> I tested my b6t injectors last night. Are they supposed to be at 2.3 ohms? I didnt think they were supposed to be that low. My mx ones are around 13. Is this correct? Also what cc are the stock b6t jspec injectors? U think I should change em out?
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
maldo

Re: injector resistance and pressure

Post by maldo »

You have the jspec motor which runs at a lower impedance. This is normal. IF you want to use them you will need resistors. You could use the Pro LX ones since they are high impedance. The stock injectors on the B6T are 330cc, those found on the Pro LX are 230cc. The Pro injectors will make about 155whp, the GTX injectors will do around 210whp.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Ok. I have a set of Balanced 370 CC injectors. What is the calculation again to estimate horsepower? I only want to run about 3-7 pounds in the beginning. Are these injectors overkill?
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

No there not an overkill. I'm running RC Engineering 440cc Miata fuel injectors on my J-Spec B6T (I have the IHI VJ14 now, the VJ13 broke the turbine shaft in half in two different spots). This summer I'll have my 400HP custom built T3 that bolts to the stock manifold...HeeHAAaaaaa. I'll be running low boost (14psi) & I'm planning on breaking into the high 11's on it. Traction is gonna be tough!!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

wait a sec. so the j-spec b6t injectors are low impedance?
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 992mmx3:
wait a sec. so the j-spec b6t injectors are low impedance?<hr></blockquote><p>yup
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

There are a few rare cases when the J-spec B6T's come with High Impedance injectors. Mine did.
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Daaaah, dammit, lol, I'm just gonna have to get off my lazy butt and test them now, i wanna know dang it! lol. :p
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
maldo

Post by maldo »

Those "few" cases would be Espec or Aussie market injectors being passed off as J-spec.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Hummm. Mine was J-SPEC B6T from Corksport. The injectors that came with it tested as High Impedance... I wouldn't think Corksport would do something like that. Really doesn't matter though since the motors are supposedly the same. That is an interesting bit of info though! <p>The moral to the story... always test your injectors with an ohm meter any way!!! <p>As my best friend at work puts it...DTA... Don't Trust Anyone!!! In other words...always double check!

Return to “Forced Induction”