emergency break light stays on, need help!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
jdogsd1

emergency break light stays on, need help!

Post by jdogsd1 »

:mad: , i dont mind it but that littel red light dose get annoing. so i was woundering if there was any other sencers that i could unplug to fix this prob. if no one has any sugestions im just going to pull the light out behind the dash. lol thinks
torpedan

Re: emergency break light stays on, need help!

Post by torpedan »

The light comes on for a few reasons.. One when the ebrake switch is grounded

Two when the sensor for the brake fluid resivor is reading low.. Check your brake fluid. If its low get your brakes checked out. If not thump the resovir to see if its just stuck down..
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
jdogsd1

Post by jdogsd1 »

ya i just had the car in for 150k mile service and they checked the breaks so i dont think it is the break fluid. but thanks
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by jdogsd1:
ya i just had the car in for 150k mile service and they checked the breaks so i dont think it is the break fluid. but thanks
Does it turn on when you accelerate and turn or all the time? Regardless, I'd top off your break fluid resivoir anyways. 'My mechanic looked at it, so it must be right' doesn't cut it in my book. Too many mechanics are idiots. Sometimes it has to be filled even past full to register as full to the car.
ssmog

Post by ssmog »

If it isn't the resevoir requiring attention, it may be your distribution block or may very well be something simple such as bad or corroded wiring causing the problem. Check the wiring with a multi-metre to check for continuity, etc.
Commit yourself to a Psychiatric hospital before the rest your sanity disappears, and you are strapped in a chair, fed mushy peas with a rubber spoon with only your tortured fantasies for comfort....

ssmog
jdogsd1

Post by jdogsd1 »

well it turns on when i accelerate but then turns off when im driving for a bit. and y i do think it is a bad wire but any other advice would be great.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Having worked in a shop before i will be the first to say that people are human and dont always do what they should do..

Also you might have had a problem occer recently. I would check the fluid of the brake level. Not to sound paranoid, but you never know what is done right unless you do it yourself.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
RaspMetalicMX3SE

Post by RaspMetalicMX3SE »

I had thet exact same problem i just went into the gauges and pulled the bulb out of the dummy light, if your retarded enough to need e-brake light in order not to drive off with youe E-brake engaged then dont do this.
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Originally posted by lakersfan1:
Does it turn on when you accelerate and turn or all the time? Regardless, I'd top off your break fluid resivoir anyways. 'My mechanic looked at it, so it must be right' doesn't cut it in my book. Too many mechanics are idiots. Sometimes it has to be filled even past full to register as full to the car.
:werd:
had same prob
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”