*URGENT* Rear Side Markers... How much modification need

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
JoBoMX3

*URGENT* Rear Side Markers... How much modification need

Post by JoBoMX3 »

I found out today that my rear bumper covers that were ordered don't cover my red rear side markers and I need to buy the Corksport Clear Corners, but they say they need to be modified to be installed flush. Problem being:

My car is in the process of having major body work done. Body kit being molded on and a very high quality paint job. I'm looking at spending around $6000.00 to do everything. Maybe more since the kit that was shipped didn't fit flush.

The car will be done most likely before the clear corners get to my door, and by then if it needs quite a bit of modification to get them in, I may need to paint the whole rear bumper again.

FINALLY getting to the point. I just want to know how much modification is needed to get them in.

Thanks a bunch guys
Chicks dig orange cars
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Re: *URGENT* Rear Side Markers... How much modification need

Post by Zoso124 »

The clear ones will fit worse. The clear are orginally for the Miata. If you try to fit the clear side markers in the stock rear bumper they stick out. If your saying that the red ones stick out too far on your aftermarket bumper then the clear ones will be much worse.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
JoBoMX3

Re: *URGENT* Rear Side Markers... How much modification need

Post by JoBoMX3 »

Its my stock bumper, but just add ons. I thought the add ons would eliminate the rear ones, but they didnt. Corksport says you just need a little sanding to get them in but I dont believe them
Chicks dig orange cars

Return to “Appearance”