hmm, heat messin stuff up?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Eric Moore

hmm, heat messin stuff up?

Post by Eric Moore »

Well I finally got working on painting the interior...looks pretty damn good too. But earlier today or yesterday, I noticed that the trim around the center AC cents has like bubbled up and got all rough. Im thinkin that the sun was hitting directly on it and it just got too hot or something. There any way to fix this relativaley easily? It's not a hard part to pop out. And would just a alot more clear coating help stop that?
Project Holy Crap!!!
L10 ATX Trannny In!

Project Turbo!!!
Finally Found A 5 Speed MX-3 in decent shape! B6T On The way now!

"Is it a mini-Skyline or an uderstated Supra hunter..."
RB25DET getting dropped into the 240SX as you read! Pics and Dyno graph coming soon!!
lakersfan1

Re: hmm, heat messin stuff up?

Post by lakersfan1 »

Did you prep the surfaces properly before you painted it?
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Prep work is a huge part or painting anything. If it doesnt have a clean surface to stick to, then your paint job will come out like crap. What kind of paint did you use anyway?
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
Eric Moore

Post by Eric Moore »

yeah I prepped it pretty good, I did it just like I saw on a website..I think Barry's. Only difference is I used Plasti-coat instead of Krylon.
Project Holy Crap!!!
L10 ATX Trannny In!

Project Turbo!!!

RB25DET getting dropped into the 240SX as you read! Pics and Dyno graph coming soon!!
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

if the surface had been armour-all'd then it might be that coming up, that stuff is REALLY tough to get rid of.<p>try sanding it down again and prepping it again and painting it again.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MxSpeed:
yeah I prepped it pretty good, I did it just like I saw on a website..I think Barry's. Only difference is I used Plasti-coat instead of Krylon.<hr></blockquote><p>What did the instructions say? Usually, you'd want to clean like hell with a scrub pad and soapy water. Then, work some SEM Plastic Prep (a cleaner that smells alot like nailpolish remover). Then, you'd want to spray it with plastic adhesion promoter before spraying the spraypaint.
Eric Moore

Post by Eric Moore »

Hmm, guess I'll have to try that..I scrubbed the hell out of it with rubbing alchohol and when it dried it had that hazy gray color to it afterwards..guess I'll sand it down and try prepping it again..least that part isnt to hard to take out, just a pair of screws.
Project Holy Crap!!!
L10 ATX Trannny In!

Project Turbo!!!

Return to “Appearance”