miata headlights

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Golliwog

miata headlights

Post by Golliwog »

Ok here's my delimma. Car was smashed like 2 months ago, front end damage to the bumper, fender, rad, headlights etc. Currently, everything is set except the headlight. I don't want to put stock headlights back in this, so while I was replacing the headlight I figured I'd do a conversion of some sort.<p>I've read the thread about the projector headlight design, and that's all fine and good but my car's been out of commission for over 2 months now and I want it back NOW before summers over!<p>I heard a rumor that miata headlights have been put in before. I was wondering if anyone can confirm this, and maybe even have some pictures?
-Golli
PTBNL

Re: miata headlights

Post by PTBNL »

Ken, a while back I think I posed a pic of an mx-3 with S2000 headlights on lomo. Not sure if it's still there or not. Also, a 2001+ Civic conversion has been done.<p>Good luck getting S2000 headlights though, they are 700+ from the Honda dealer.<p>Never heard of miata headlights in one.<p>-Rory
Golliwog

Post by Golliwog »

Yeah I've seen the civic headlight conversion, didn't like that too much. They didn't seem to flow too well.<p>But take a look at the 2001+ miata's headlights. They're shaped exactly like the mx3, but a little bigger. I'm just wondering if everything will fit in. I'm hopefully selling the RS soon. :)
-Golli
BucktownMx3

Post by BucktownMx3 »

i think this is the link. im pretty sure they r the miata headlights.<p>
mx-3 with miata headlights
94 mx3 gs (sold)
92 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX(14.3 @ 99.08- almost completely stock)
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Golliwog:
Yeah I've seen the civic headlight conversion, didn't like that too much. They didn't seem to flow too well.<p>But take a look at the 2001+ miata's headlights. They're shaped exactly like the mx3, but a little bigger. I'm just wondering if everything will fit in. I'm hopefully selling the RS soon. :) <hr></blockquote><p>Well, they're close.<p>But, VERY far from being "exactly" like the stock MX-3 headlights.<p>And, they most certainly will not just fit in.<p>I myself have done the conversion and I can tell you the lights are longer, and not as tall, but deeper. The dimensions are completely different when you look at them closely.<p>However, I took them out for another conversion. The light output from the lights sucked major *** .<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
PTBNL

Post by PTBNL »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Aiden:
<p>
However, I took them out for another conversion. The light output from the lights sucked major *** .<p>~A
<hr></blockquote><p>What was the other conversion that you did, and may we see pics of it?
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

yes can we see some pics??
Taras

Post by Taras »

Aiden, I guess now they are after you.... :)
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Yeah, no kidding Taras. :D <p>My other conversion is projector headlights.<p>I used Hella Bi-Xenon projectors from a 2003+ Mercedes SL with the D2S bulb colour at 4100K. Everything is OEM so it's all still legal.<p>I have pictures, however, the "in-car" pictures are horrible since my hood is still hacked up from the last conversion.<p>All I have for now is just pictures of the finished headlights outside of the car.<p>~A
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

post em man haha
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
Taras

Post by Taras »

Hey RCool, he does have pics of his projector lights finished, as I have seen them. If that would be me, I would not submit them for public viewing. Aiden, I think you need to get better shots of them to have better quality photos.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JDM:
Hey RCool, he does have pics of his projector lights finished, as I have seen them. If that would be me, I would not submit them for public viewing. Aiden, I think you need to get better shots of them to have better quality photos.<hr></blockquote><p>Yup, I agree.<p>I'm making CLEAR covers for them this week.<p>After that, they'll be cleaned up a bit, and hopefully I can get some rivets and fix my hood.<p>~A

Return to “Appearance”