!need help!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
JJ

!need help!

Post by JJ »

ight i just got a sunroof unit and since its the sunroof panel is RED and my car is WHITE....i wanna strip the paint off of it till i paint my whole car. Well my question is....I bought a Paint Thinner and im not to sure how to use it correctly...i dont want to damage the metal or wuteva the sunroof panel is made of. Anyone know how to use this stuff correctly?? All help is appreciated!
thanx
peace
VizualXTC

Re: !need help!

Post by VizualXTC »

I would definatly advise against that. First off, it will rust if you get it to bare metal. Second, I think it would look worse with a rusty sunroof than with a red one. Why not go to your local hardware store and buy some fine grit sandpaper. Then buy some white paint, and then an indoor outdoor clear enamel. sand the red paint lightly until the paint is dull, then paint it with white. Let it dry. do this 4 or 5 times, then do the same with the clear. I would NOT suggest this for a long term fix, but it will look hella better and be alot better for your car than a rusty sunroof. Just an idea.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Id suggest u prime then paint.. but thats just me.
JJ

Post by JJ »

someone told me they sell something called paint stripper at local autopart stores. I didnt see anything like that when i went. i mean i dont really want to paint anything right now...i just want that RED off until i go and paint my car ina few months.
thanx for the help yall!
pEace!
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

If you remove the paint now, and wait some months before painting it, you will get lots of rust..<p>Only sensible thing is to do it right the first time :) <p>nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

definatly! but in a pinch ya know. In fact you can also get metal primer in a spray can from your local auto body store. I dunno if the ones sold at home improvements would work on metal.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
JJ

Post by JJ »

ight yall thanx

Return to “Appearance”