Scissor doors.....

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)

Scissor doors.....

Post by Guest »

Just a thought, but how much do you think it would cost to have the doors customized to be scissorwing? I'm thinking somewhere around $3000-$4000 but I could be totally off, if anyone else has any idea what it would cost, tell me. =)<P>Matt
aznwithamx3

Re: Scissor doors.....

Post by aznwithamx3 »

wuts scissor wing?

Post by Guest »

The type of doors that Lamborghini's have. They swing upward when you open them.
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I have no idea but this is something i've also considered. I know they have done it to honda crx's...You might be able to retrofit a honda kit...either way i imagine you will have to do some cutting and welding on the door jam where the hinges are....
Tman

Post by Tman »

There is a yellow mustang here that has it done, and it is awful. The hole passenger side floorboard is loaded with the mechanizm and all these steel bars. It looks like crap, and nobody would be able to sit in the front seat. Not worth it.
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(

Post by Guest »

I'm gonna find a special body shop around here, there's plenty in Atlanta =) And see what they will have to add and stuff like that.
RaspMetalicMX3SE

Post by RaspMetalicMX3SE »

a buddy of mine was in a eclipse chat site and some kid looked into and said it was around $8,000.00 for it heres a pic of one <A HREF="http://hotimportnights.com/gallery/gall ... C00010.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://hotimportnights.com/gallery/gall ... 010.jpg</A>

Post by Guest »

That s--- looks tight as hell, I would definately get it done to the MX3. $8000 is a damn lot of money though, so I dont know.
94MX3

Post by 94MX3 »

Shinnny Chrome MMMMMMMM SHINY MMMM o yea the doors are nice MMM CHROME SPARKLY
No Cop No Stop I Dont Care<P>Daniel Jones<BR>94' Mx-3 RS<BR>Blaze Red<BR>1.6L DOHC
blikmik

Post by blikmik »

I had it priced a few years ago.. it's at least 6-10,000 Canadian....hence... I don't have it done.... yet

Post by Guest »

6,000 Canadian is 3,697 US, and 10,000 Canadian is 6,000 US, so for US residents its not that bad, well, the 6,000 is pretty bad, but 3k isnt bad, at least I dont think so.
marsinner

Post by marsinner »

Actually I almost was going to get the scissors done for my car, but after talking to a guy he told me that its not worth it , unless its a show car only. since mx3 have a frame around the glass it would be very hard to make it stick and it would be so loud on the streets and hwys. At least thats what the autobody guy told me, he was doing it for a honda civic and using hydrolics..3000$ cnd....In toronto

Post by Guest »

Damn, I'm gonna go up to a body shop today, my a-- just woke up, and get a quote, if its what you said its like, then I'm gonna forget about it.

Return to “Appearance”