need an opinion

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
i kandee

need an opinion

Post by i kandee »

I have been considering tint for a while and could never decide if i wanted a mettalic finish or just black. I saw a car with a great whitish looking finish that was non reflective but i later came to find out that sometimes reflective tint looks hazy when it is first done and that could have been what it was. I have an appointment for tuesday to get 35% executive tint which is reflective but i originally wanted 50% so that it wouldn't be so mirrored..My 96 mx3 is silver any opinions if i am making a mistake or not? Has anyone seen a 35% and is it too mirror like. I don't want to be able to do my hair in it? If anyone has this tint could they please post a pic for me to see?thanks
who said girls can't drive??
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: need an opinion

Post by Custommx3 »

In tennessee the legal tint is 5% across the front windshield thats no wider than 6 inches, and 30% on the window/sides. I know atleast here in memphis thats the law.<P>I myself have 18% on the back and sides, and 5% across the front, I know its illegal, but its not that dark. From the inside I can see out just fine, but those who are on the outside have trouble looking in due to the black interior.<P>Here is a pic of my tint. I know yo usay youdont want to be able to "do you hair in it", but rememeber, it is glass, glass is reflecive.<P> Image
i kandee

Re: need an opinion

Post by i kandee »

wow that looks REALLY great with the white paint job. Thanks for letting me know the legal limits. I cancelled my appointment to have it done since the guy told me that "unless i went with the executive tint he wasn't going to waste his time on my car, the hatch would take him all day and he could do 5 cars in that time". Since we are both in TN do you know any great tint places I would be willing to travel to get what i want. thanks
who said girls can't drive??

Return to “Appearance”