Using a k8 iac on a eunos800 throtlebody

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Black Magic

Using a k8 iac on a eunos800 throtlebody

Post by Black Magic »

Can someone tell me how to make a k8 iac work on a eunos800 klze. They look identical from the inside and outside, even a hole for the vacuum, but it just doesn't work. Can someone please help me.

Thx, Bastian
17 inch bba racings rims, apex lowering springs, laser muffler, boost steering wheel, mazdaspeed seats, black altezza's, testpipe, oh and a polished klze with an upgraded clutch and a kl36 ecu.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: Using a k8 iac on a eunos800 throtlebody

Post by babyblueMX3 »

well according to this faq it should just swap like replacing an old one with a new one..

maybe it's just a little detail that you're missing

and when you say it doesn't work what do you mean..it doesn't fit? the iac itself doesn't work?
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Black Magic

Post by Black Magic »

It does fit, without any problems, but it just doesn't work. At 2k rpm the car bogs, caused by the aic.

Anyone?

Bastian
17 inch bba racings rims, apex lowering springs, laser muffler, boost steering wheel, mazdaspeed seats, black altezza's, testpipe, oh and a polished klze with an upgraded clutch and a kl36 ecu.
Black Magic

Post by Black Magic »

Anyone?
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

sounds like another problem...the IAC shouldn't mess with your cars rpm's when it is in gear. it'll only make your idle funky if you bypass the valve.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

A true ZE throttle body will not have a vacuum hook up for IAC, while the K8 should.
Black Magic

Post by Black Magic »

Right now I'm using the 1.8 throtlebody without any problems, but I just wanto use the klze throtlebody. The klze and 1.8 iac look COMPLETELY similar, I've seen many many 1.8 and klze iac, but over here the k8 iac doesn't have a vacuum hookup, just like the klze iac only 2 coolant hookups.

So I tried the 1.8 iac on the klze throtlebody, idle is fine, but once you drive it and hit 2k rpm it really bogs, so much it's not normaly driveable.

So if someone has some suggestions.....
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by Bastian:
Right now I'm using the 1.8 throtlebody without any problems, but I just wanto use the klze throtlebody. The klze and 1.8 iac look COMPLETELY similar, I've seen many many 1.8 and klze iac, but over here the k8 iac doesn't have a vacuum hookup, just like the klze iac only 2 coolant hookups.

So I tried the 1.8 iac on the klze throtlebody, idle is fine, but once you drive it and hit 2k rpm it really bogs, so much it's not normaly driveable.

So if someone has some suggestions.....
You swapped IAC's? Did you use some kind of coolant? And as for the K8 IAC not having vacuum hookups....doesn't sound right. What's the code stamping on each throttle body?
Black Magic

Post by Black Magic »

Oke, I checked the codes. The codes on the throttlebody are k801 195900 3440 1110. The codes on the aic are (k8)195890 0010 9109. And the k8 iac really doesn't have any vacuum hookups, in fact I haven't seen a iac with a vacuum hookup. Maybe it doesn't have it on European mx's.

Bastian
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by Bastian:
Maybe it doesn't have it on European mx's.
That's got to be it. No other explanation. Only thing I can think that would be user error is did you use some kind of sealant when you puled the IAC off? It'd need some kind of gasket or sealant between the IAC and the TB to prevent leaks.
Black Magic

Post by Black Magic »

I didn't use any liquid gasket, I'll try it with some this week. But I don't think that's the problem, there is a rubber seal and I tightend the iac extremely good, since we use airtools it's quite easy, just chance the torquerate. But we'll see, when I get my own computer back I'll have some pics of the iac.

Bastian

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”