HELP !! HELP!! HELP!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
slavko

HELP !! HELP!! HELP!!

Post by slavko »

ok i got a 92mx-3 gs and when i start the car and go and drive it and when i am in first gear and accelerating,the car jerks back and forth like the first time a person is trying to drive stick in their life.like as if you are pressing the gas then brake and gas then brake on and off.when its cold it idles at 1500rpm but then when it heats up it stalls out when it is idleing. its a manual transmission. please help.
""They say money talks but,all it ever says to me is see ya B i tch!
monstar-mx-3

Re: HELP !! HELP!! HELP!!

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

if its "hopping" or "jumping like some is pressing the break..that means you are letting go of the clutch to fast...and if it stall out, that mean you need to give it more gas and bring the RPM's up a but...if they are to low..car will stall out on ya.
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

just need pratice. :driver:
slavko

Post by slavko »

No No No NO No i know how to drive stick its just that everytime i launch from 1st gear it feels like it brakes and gasses ,brakes and gases,when i start the car and its in neutral it stalls out after it warms up while it is ideling.
""They say money talks but,all it ever says to me is see ya B i tch!
tatsu

Post by tatsu »

Check for vacuum leaks and/or loose connections between the VAF and the throttle body - same thing was happening with our GS after we got it back from having the clutch replaced. Both my wife and I are very experienced manual transmission drivers, so we were quite irritated when it was IMPOSSIBLE to take off smoothly.

It turned out that the shop didn't tighten up the clamp around the connection at the throttle body. A few turns of a screwdriver, and the problem was solved...
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Vacuum leak. Mine's doing the same thing and I'm 100% sure it's a vacuum leak, just too busy to fix right now.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”