SWAP?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazda mx-3

SWAP?

Post by mazda mx-3 »

got a 1993 gs mx-3 recently, its nice but i wanna make it faster... is the kl-ze the way to go?what mods do i have to do? how much is it and is it worth it?
Vanished

Re: SWAP?

Post by Vanished »

search around on the site
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Tempus

Re: SWAP?

Post by Tempus »

There's lots of things you can do to add more 'zoom zoom' to your GS.. Many of them vary from 'a few dollars in parts, and your labor to install (such as a homebuilt CAI), to several hundred. That being said, the largest change by far would be an engine swap to some flavor of KL engine.

Of course buying a 'new' used engine, domestic or JSpec, and having it installed is not a cheap proposition. When I was shopping for a new engine for mine (I'd blown it) I found typical prices in the $800 range for a domestic motor, and a bit more for a Jspec.. Then you've got to add $800-$1200 for labor to have it gone over and installed (unless you've got a way to do it yourself).. So all tolled, if you are paying other folks to do it, it would be easy to rack up $2000 for an engine swap.

Expensive, but hey not much else you can do will result in that level of HP increase.. there is after all no substitute for displacement.

So if your engine is working perfectly fine, you've got to ask yourself something.. As I heard somewhere one time "Speed Costs, how fast do you want to spend?"
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”