ZE with no power

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3ze@7psi

ZE with no power

Post by MX3ze@7psi »

Well I just got the curved neck ZE in a couple of days ago and it seems like I don't have any power at all. It seems like my KF-ZE had more torque than the KL-ZE. The only thing missing is the right ecu but from what I read I can't use the kl36 ecu. I'm thinking about going 2.5 exhaust pipes from the cat. Will that help??? I'm really out of ideas. If anyone has any knows whats wrong I would appreciate the help.
MX3 KL-DE, probe/mx6 ebay turbo pipes, T3/T4 50 trim @ 8psi, millenia injectors, SAFC2, intercooled,Greddy RS BOV, turbonetic 38mm external wastegate. Wisco 9.5 forged piston, millenia S rods, and high performance rings coiming in soon. Shooting for 400whp this summer.
IanL
Supporting Member

Re: ZE with no power

Post by IanL »

I don't think it's true you can't use the KL36. It's not perfectly matched to the curved neck, but its going to be a lot closer than an ECU which is not for a KLZE.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
MX3ze@7psi

Post by MX3ze@7psi »

I used the KL ecu and it runs a little better but still it doesn't have the power. It feels like it doesn't want to go or something is restrciting it.
MX3 KL-DE, probe/mx6 ebay turbo pipes, T3/T4 50 trim @ 8psi, millenia injectors, SAFC2, intercooled,Greddy RS BOV, turbonetic 38mm external wastegate. Wisco 9.5 forged piston, millenia S rods, and high performance rings coiming in soon. Shooting for 400whp this summer.
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

Maybe you have:
1. Stuck brake caliper
2. Throttle linkage needs adjusting
3. TPS needs adjusting
4. Low compression in a cylinder
5. Vacuum leak
6. Poor or weak ignition components (wires,plugs...)
7. Timing
8. vris not working
9. wrong ecu vaf combo (ze ecu + 1.8 vaf, 2.5 ecu 1.8 vaf, 1.8 ecu + 2.5 vaf) those all work not bad

thats about all I can think of at the moment, not specifically in that order.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
thebox

Post by thebox »

i have the KL36 ecu and a curved neck KLZE, it seems to be fine :shrug:
1992 MX-3 GS

KLZE - Fidanza Flywheel - CM IIR Clutch - Millenia IM - UR Pulley - IM Spacers - KL36 ECU
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

yeah kl36 is fine with the curve neck...vris points are off (#2 opens at 5000 rpm :eek: but when it kicks in you can def. notice it) but it works great
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
MX3ze@7psi

Post by MX3ze@7psi »

Hey thanks for the advices I'll check on it. Thanks!
mdavis

Post by mdavis »

Yeah I would check the VRIS vacuum hoese (anthough that doesn't seem as important...) and check to make sure your fuel line isn't crimped!
GS-R SE
Fixin's

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”