ZE in, horrible noise

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mdavis

ZE in, horrible noise

Post by mdavis »

Hey. So i got my ZE in (for anybody who noticed, I solved the coolant problem - I think the blaster gun just unclogged everything) So I took the car out to blockbuster lol It was doing ok until about half way there when the right-front wheel-ish area started making this god-awful grinding/squeeking noise in sync with the wheel turning. It sounded like a squeaking rotor only burrlier and louder, and like the kind of metal the exhaust system is made of, rubbing. It vanishes when you get some speed ( ? ) but at 3-10mph or somewhere around there it can be very loud, but sometime dissadisappears.. Of coarse I inspected it, multiple times, but I can't see anything wrong.. Anybody got any ideas? Also, I'm kinda unimpressed with the ZE... It kinda just feels like my K8 with a 35 shot.. But then again my big bro was with me, and we all know extra weight makes a huge diff, also i had a half tank, and i'm used to 1/4.. Anyways, thanks in advance!
GS-R SE
Fixin's
Rick Johnson

Re: ZE in, horrible noise

Post by Rick Johnson »

Sounds like the Dust shield on the rotor has been bent into the rotor area a bit, It happened to me a while back after I had my axles replaced and it only did it when the wheel was at a certain position at slow speeds, its like a god awful metal on metal grinding sound. It has actually happened twice another time on my protege as well.

-Rick
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Yeah the Dust cover got bent in on my install too... hahah horrible noise when I backed up.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
mdavis

Post by mdavis »

Indeed that was what it was, I found it earlier. Thanks! ;)
GS-R SE
Fixin's

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”