disty Q

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
odds1

disty Q

Post by odds1 »

Hello people.
I wonder if the disty from a 323F / Lantis V6 will fit on my GS?
I know the one from the 626 V6, MX6 and PGT will, but there aren't many of those here in Norway.
My Mazda dealer asked almost 10K NOK for a new one, that will be about 1430usd. I called him crazy and am now trying to find a cheaper way to go.

Any help appreiciated.

Odds
Odds, Norway
Red `93 GS, Stock
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Re: disty Q

Post by Mnemonic »

I have a kfze here in the states and i know they will fit, but i dont know exactly how to wire it up to my msd ignition. Im not sure if your mx3 have an internal coil or an external.
If you have an external coil then yes it will plug right up if not your going to have to get a ignition box of some type and a coil and wire it up similar to how jeff abrams site sugests
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

I would guess that the KF engine supplied in 323Fs for the European market has an internal coil, and it is likely it would work on a K8D engine.

The reason I think that is that the only engines which appear to have separate coils are ZEs, which are JDM only.

However, be aware that the wiring of distributors changed in 1995 - see this thread: http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=004221

<small>[ June 15, 2004, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: IanL ]</small>
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
odds1

Post by odds1 »

Thank you very much. I will try to get my hands on one.
Odds, Norway
Red `93 GS, Stock
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

All the K series motors except the K8 have external coils.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Do you mean JDM? I understand that all N.American and European Model MX-6, 626 V6 and Probe V6 have coils internal to the distributor.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”