Question about Walbro fuel pump

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
RobertoCarlos

Question about Walbro fuel pump

Post by RobertoCarlos »

I know I seem to be asking a lot of question lately but please bear with me. I have read on a few posts about fellow mxers using a walbro fuel pump. My question is does walbro actually make a fuel pump to fit our car. I know that they make them for the mx-6 and I guess I am wondering if the mx-6 one will work and what type of mods are necessary to install it. Thanks.
Talon_66

Re: Question about Walbro fuel pump

Post by Talon_66 »

I dont believe they do
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Billy Ihburg

Post by Billy Ihburg »

The Mx-6 fuel pump fits perfectly. I have the 255 on my 2.5L Turbo . It plugs right in , the only modification that you have to make is to unscrew the bracket that holds the old pump on and use the supplied rubber strap to hold on the new pump.

Billy Ihburg
93 GS SE 2.5L Turbocharged for a couple of more days
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I know this has been discussed already on here. Search for specifics, but essentially you use the MX6 one and either finagle it in or mod it. Forget which.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Originally posted by lakersfan1:
I know this has been discussed already on here. Search for specifics, but essentially you use the MX6 one and either finagle it in or mod it. Forget which.
What the hell kind of reply is that?? I was just searching to find out which Walbro to order, and I find post's like this!! This is why people no longer search, they get answers like this!! "Either finagle it or mod it. Forget which.". Man that is crap, it didn't help the guy and it just gave me more posts to sift through while trying to find the answer to my question.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mdavis

Post by mdavis »

Originally posted by mx3man83:
What the hell kind of reply is that?? I was just searching to find out which Walbro to order, and I find post's like this!! This is why people no longer search, they get answers like this!! "Either finagle it or mod it. Forget which.". Man that is crap, it didn't help the guy and it just gave me more posts to sift through while trying to find the answer to my question.
lol...
GS-R SE
Fixin's
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by mx3man83:
Gee. Type in 'MX-6 fuel pump' in the search engine. You get like ten whole threads. If he can sift through all those threads, he'd come up with his answer in four of the ten threads:

http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=002561

http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000524

http://www.mx-3.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=002796#000000

http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000779

Man! That was hard! You want me to wipe his butt too?

I was trying to recall what I remembered about it to assure him that I KNEW the issue has been addressed before, and he should find what he needs by searching. I wasn't trying to help you. You already know how to search ..... I hope.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”