Chance IAC

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Black Magic

Chance IAC

Post by Black Magic »

I have a klze and the iac isn't working properly, can I chance the one from the klze with the one from the k8 that I have lying around?

thanks, Bastian
17 inch bba racings rims, apex lowering springs, laser muffler, boost steering wheel, mazdaspeed seats, black altezza's, testpipe, oh and a polished klze with an upgraded clutch and a kl36 ecu.
lakersfan1

Re: Chance IAC

Post by lakersfan1 »

It's 'change'. 'Chance' is a rough guess or a bet.

The IAC on the KLZE doesn't use vacuum. So it is not the same. If your KLZE throttle body is from a curved neck manifold, your K8 IAC can be swapped over if you find a vacuum hose to tap into to get to the K8 IAC. If your ZE throttle body is from a straight neck manifold, the K8 IAC will not swap in no matter what you do because the IAC and coolant lines are on the wrong side.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

If you are using your stock K8 throttle body, you can only use a K8 or millenia IAC valve assembly.

If you are using the KLZE throttle body, any KLDE throttle body from a Probe GT, 626 ES or MX6 LS will swap on.

Or you can just remove it, and block it off. It isn't needed. It only helps with the idle when cold.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

so my millenia TB with everything on it should work just fine?
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by Gro Harlem:

Or you can just remove it, and block it off. It isn't needed. It only helps with the idle when cold.
Or when the air conditioning is used. :shrug:
Black Magic

Post by Black Magic »

Sorry for the spelling error, I must have been sleeping or something like that. I changed my eunos800 iac with a stock k8 but now the engine is really stuttering at 2000rpm, I'm not sure the iac was working properly before, so I'll guess I'll have to chance them again.

Bastian
17 inch bba racings rims, apex lowering springs, laser muffler, boost steering wheel, mazdaspeed seats, black altezza's, testpipe, oh and a polished klze with an upgraded clutch and a kl36 ecu.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by Gro Harlem:
If you are using your stock K8 throttle body, you can only use a K8 or millenia IAC valve assembly.

If you are using the KLZE throttle body, any KLDE throttle body from a Probe GT, 626 ES or MX6 LS will swap on.
As I said in my post, it all depends on which side of the TB is on. There are KLZE TB's with the IAC on the same side as the K8. Not many, but they're out there. There was one on eBay a couple weeks ago.
Black Magic

Post by Black Magic »

The iac is on the same side as it was before.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”