plowed..

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Kokiriwave

plowed..

Post by Kokiriwave »

Where do I start.

Back in January my mx-3 was at a complete stop and a girl in a big truck plowed into my car going at least 30 mph...the bumper and a couple pieces of the trunk are completely worthless and need to be replaced...On top of that the car was hit so hard that there is a medium sized dent by the a little before the passenger door...

This is the car I learned to drive with and love my MX-3 to death... Where would i get the parts i need and material to fix it myself. This car is in my Mother's name and she doesn't want to put the insurance money back into the car because the repair estimate was worth more than the car. Any ideas on what would u guys do in this situation

What do i need to fix the dent and the bumper at the very least
------

Thanks.
I want MAZDASPEED!
MY WEBSITE:: http://kingmx.net
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: plowed..

Post by mitmaks »

ive got stock back bumper
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

The dent behind the door doesn't sound like a dent at all. It sounds like the cars chassis is buckled. You probably need to get the car pulled back straight which isn't cheap. Don't even bother getting parts until you've had this done.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
Kokiriwave

Post by Kokiriwave »

Do you mean the impact was so great that it could have bent my car like an accordian?
I want MAZDASPEED!
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Thats it.

You should really have the car looked at before going any further with repairs. If the car is to far gone keep it as a parts car and get yourself another MX-3.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

WOW! This is almost exactly what happened to me last October, but at least you got money from the ins. co. I got hit by a Bubba in his big ole bubba truck. My poor RS was hit more on the driver's side though. The driver was going around 30-45 mph as well. I have a small buckle behind both the gas tank and the driver's door. I bought a GS, and when the clutch went out I decided I'd just save up for the whole ZE swap, so I needed a daily driver. Well, long story short (kinda), my dad, my uncle, and I straightened out the frame. We took off the bumper and took two plates with hooks welded to them and bolted them up to the frame. Then we jerked it back by a chain attached to a truck. We did it at the right angles to get the frame almost totally straight. I bought a new hatch and rear bumper off a car in a junkyard for $300 and put it on. After beating on the inside of the metal with a rubber mallet for about half an hour, I got most of it back to normal. I got everything back on, and besides the color you can't tell from the exterior that it's been wrecked. The trunk is still kinda accordioned on the left side, and the two small buckles are still there, but it's def. drivable. I 'll be totally happy with it until I get my GS finished.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Oh yeah, the plates we used were made by my old man; he's a welder. If you want a car to dump cash into, you'll prob want to use the ins. $$ for a new one. Keep yours. I think it's worth a try to do it yourself.
Hope all that helps!
:shrug: -John
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
Kokiriwave

Post by Kokiriwave »

There isn't any visual damage to the hatch...Its mostly the back bumper and a couple bends.

The parts inside the bumper are mostly broken..

Is a junkyard a good idea for the parts i need?
I want MAZDASPEED!
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Yeah, that's where I got my stuff. Just be sure the frame's not bent before you put the new bumper on. Good luck!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”