vacuum line, what is it?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx-3xplosiv31

vacuum line, what is it?

Post by mx-3xplosiv31 »

the vacuum line that goes into the stock airbox, what is that? I put an aftermarket cone filter on the end of my MAF, and now I am getting crappy gas mileage, like 200-250 miles per tank. I put a little sleeve into the rubber on the end of the cone filter, where it attaches to the MAF, and hooked the line up to that, but it hasn't helped.

Aaron
IanL
Supporting Member

Re: vacuum line, what is it?

Post by IanL »

It is the outlet from the EGR vent solenoid valve. When the valve operates to vent gases from the EGR Control Valve, I think the idea is it should go back into the engine, not to atmosphere (i.e. pollution control). I don't see it having any effect on your gas mileage. If you really think your mileage has got worse since you changed the air filter, are you sure the new one is less restrictive than the old?
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
mx-3xplosiv31

Re: vacuum line, what is it?

Post by mx-3xplosiv31 »

yeah, the old one was all gunked up and looked like it had been through the 3rd world war. I do know that my seals are bad in the engine, not too sure if that would have anything to do with the gas mileage or not. Either way I am doing an engine swap this summer, so it doesn't matter.

Aaron

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”