whats the cause of this

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
stang67fb

whats the cause of this

Post by stang67fb »

ok when i first got my klze in my car i had the k8 ecu and vaf with the stock tranny and clutch and the car would pull nicely up to 7500rpm or wherever, Now... and for a while now the car is alot slower i ran a 15.4 thats pretty weak and im a pretty good driver anyways i got the ze kl36 computer in and the power really drops off dramatically at around 6000 to 6500rpm and laggs hard trying to accelerate after that. also my tranny is making a slight but definately noticeable whining noise while accelerating in first and second gear. but could it be that maybe the tranny or clutch is going bad slowly. i have no CEL's and the car idle's and runs fine just way slower than it used to be. its been like this for a while now. i cant even break the tires loose anymore in 2nd gear not that its a good thing to do anyways but theres alot of power to the ground loss. someone help?!
Sacramento Raceway, CA
92 Mx3 GS
New Time 13.82 at 101.75 2.205 60ft (RIP beast klze engine)

Updated mods now... KFZE, SS Autochrome Headers and a Sweet a-- 3' Electric Cutout after it, KFZE LSD trans, Millenia manifold, KL36 ecu, Blown motor mounts, custom CAI, Custom ground wire kit, 9mm Plug wires, 2 1/4 exhaust, (Hei and MSD external coil mod), all accessories.
IanL
Supporting Member

Re: whats the cause of this

Post by IanL »

Check that both VRIS valves are open between 4700 and 6300 rpm, and fully closed above 6300.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
stang67fb

Post by stang67fb »

they appear to be working fine anything else you can think of.
Sacramento Raceway, CA
92 Mx3 GS

Updated mods now... KFZE, SS Autochrome Headers and a Sweet a-- 3' Electric Cutout after it, KFZE LSD trans, Millenia manifold, KL36 ecu, Blown motor mounts, custom CAI, Custom ground wire kit, 9mm Plug wires, 2 1/4 exhaust, (Hei and MSD external coil mod), all accessories.
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Well, breathing might be an issue. I see your cat's gutted, but could your silencer be partly choked?
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
stang67fb

Post by stang67fb »

i dont have a silencer just a glasspack midway under the car to strait through exhaust.
Sacramento Raceway, CA
92 Mx3 GS

zzfresh1zz

Post by zzfresh1zz »

I would bet it is the clutch. Your sig says you still have the stock clutch. It probably alreaedy had a decent amount of mile on it and now having the extra power of the ze is slowly causing it to slip. You said you can't chirp second anymore which is a big sign of a bad clutch.
93 GS, prm, PS catback, PS STS, intrax springs, tokicos, Rev 17"s, Memphis Audio 15", RR UDP, SS headers

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”