headers install?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
zzfresh1zz

headers install?

Post by zzfresh1zz »

I was wondering exactly how hard is it to install headers when not doing an engine swap. I know about relocating the cat back. I am just curious as to how hard it is to unbolt the stock manifolds and bolt up headers with the engine in the car and how long the whole process should approximately take. Thanks
93 GS, prm, PS catback, PS STS, intrax springs, tokicos, Rev 17"s, Memphis Audio 15", RR UDP, SS headers
tical

Re: headers install?

Post by tical »

the hardest part isnt unboltin everything, its acually just gettin the new headers into the space...
93' Mx-3 GS, repainted laguna blue with pearl, 18 inch wheels (white) with Falcon ZE512 ruppers, custom headers with 2 1/4 inch exhaust, ported TB and intake manifold, ACT clutch, and ground-control coil-overs.
bubbaflaat

Re: headers install?

Post by bubbaflaat »

Installing the headers isn't hard at all. I have no clue what you he means by the hardest part is getting the headers into the space. That wasn't a problem for me at all. I just installed ssautochrome headers today. The hardest part is the egr line. But I just made a blockoff plate and plugged the line. So the worst part of the install was making the headers fit the k8. What headers ya useing? I'll give ya more detail if ya need.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”